Need alarm and good facebook app

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey yall, just converted from my Froyo android. Mostly liking my Lumia 920, but there are some apps I cannot seem to replace.

One, I can't find a facebook app that saves your place like Friendcaster did. It's very frustrating.

Two, I'm missing the simple default news reader that came with my Froyo. I like the Bind news app for Windows 8 and I'm wondering if there's anything like that for WP8. I tried Weave but it's rather complicated and I'm looking for something super simple, that I can just glance at the important headlines of the day.

Three, I miss my Alarm Clock + app. I need a really dependable alarm (so many of them just shut themselves off without warning) and I haven't been able to find one on WP8. Good snooze features, gradual volume build up and math for dismiss are pretty much musts for me. I've downloaded Alarm Clock Ultra but the math for dismiss doesn't seem to be working. It just takes a button press. And sometimes it doesn't even go off.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Also, a comic reader would be nice. I have one on android that collects traditional newspaper comics and some of my favorite webcomics into one place... I don't know, a replacement would be nice.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
WP8 Alarm - turn your phone on. Swipe to the left to look at the app list - Its called "Alarms" and works pretty well.

The baked in facebook integration is all I ever need.

Pick up Weave News Reader (there is a free version and a paid version - paid version is 9.99, but it is really good. I picked it up when it was all free or at least much cheaper than that).

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Alarm - Doesn't have math for dismiss but it'll have to do.
Facebook - Doesn't fix my main complaint, which is it doesn't save my place. I like just reading through my wall when I have free time.
Weave - It does seem to be quality, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Thanks man.

I just used IE10 to pin my favorite comics to the home screen, so I guess I'm good here. I like how you can choose what the icon is by zooming in on the page...

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
This does not match all your alarm needs, but I use 627.AM. I actually just paid for the no ads version for support. It really is a nice alarm. At least get the free one and see what you think.

MechanizedSunrise

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Facebook - Doesn't fix my main complaint, which is it doesn't save my place. I like just reading through my wall when I have free time.
Thanks man.

Could you clarify this? I take it that you want Facebook to resume back to where you were on your wall?

The Facebook app does do that. Just use the Home button to get out of Facebook instead of Back to close out. So long as FB runs in the background, it will resume where you left off.

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
@ Hen and Dave: Thanks for the suggestions, downloading them now. I'll test them out and see what sticks.

@ Sunrise: Welp, guess I was doing it wrong. So used to the way Android manages tasks. Still unfortunate that it can't bookmark it for you if you close the app. Thanks for the tip.

I think me and my Windows Phone will get along swimmingly once I get all my contact info wrestled down. Love my pretty Lumia! (and lucky me none of the scary hardware issues plaguing others)

kgaouette72

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't help you with TraceBook, but Alarm Clock Ultra has EVERYTHING you listed as requirements. I use it every day and its never failed me. FlipBoard released first - terrible version and they are waiting for downloads and Feedback before committing more resources - when (I guess if) they develop full App - it should be 5 Stars.

Let me know what you think of Alarm Ultra..

KG

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I like Tricky Alarm by nediml. It has options for math puzzle, memory, and mic trick to turn off the alarm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon