Duplicate copies of email messages in Gmail

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today I noticed that I am now getting two copies of every Gmail message in my inbox on my Lumia 920. When I access Gmail through the web, I only see a single copy of each email. Is anyone else having this problem?

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This was driving me crazy just figured out that in Gmail settings on Gmail.com I had it set to archive all when pulled to pop are imap.thats great just the way I like it.but on your phone if you choose conversations mode it see the one in the allail folder are any other folder you have so I turned conversations off and no more duplicates. And Gmail and windows phone still show it as a thread

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
OK, so I turned off conversations and I'm back to just one copy of each email. I would sort of prefer to be able to use the conversations feature, but I can live without it.

Thanks for the tip!

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Well you could change how Gmail handles archiving,that way you don't have 2 copies they should make it where conversations ignores your all mail folders

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so just tell WP not to sync the all mail folder then turn conversations back on

Perfect! I forgot that I turned on sync for my all mail folder the other day when I was trying to find an old email. I just turned off sync in that folder, turned conversations back on, and everything is good.

Thanks so much for your help!

Also, I now realize that I can search the all mail folder "from the server", so I don't need to have it synced to my phone. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium