Xbox music help

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
This is sadly a new "feature" of Xbox Music that is basically wrong. Instead of only filling in missing info, it will now overwrite all info contained in your songs with what it thinks is correct.

As far as I know the only way to stop it from doing so is to open Music -> Settings -> turn off Connect with Xbox Music. This means it won't automatically download artist background pictures, but it will stop messing with your stuff.

Green Samot

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It's done that with me for some of the music actually downloaded through Xbox music. I sorted it by manually matching the albums (searching and selecting) in Xbox music on my pc.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Xbox Music: The Metadata Apocalypse (the only part of this debacle I enjoy is writing that phrase).

One other thing I'd add to the comments above is make sure you find the metadata and connect to Xbox options on all your devices, see if you can get stable metadata and then turn things back on from there if you want to. I kept having problems across all five devices, turns out I hadn't clicked off the metadata setting on two of them - ones I don't use much. When I turned those off as well, my phone seemed to start to stabilize.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99