Apps not showing update available in app store

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
still nothing for me. My phone is practically on top of my wifi router when it charges, and I've tried to leave the store running as well. I've had a few soft resets due to freezes since I last saw an update on the store tile. I'm hesitant to factory reset my phone.

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've tried that before but the Nokia system apps says "App not available on the Web. Try downloading on your phone."

Go to that page via the browser on your phone, and click on the app (thumbnail); it should take you to the Store app and the relevant page. Just tried it.

macky360

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on an Australian Lumia 920 and travelled to the states for work, ever since getting back a week and a half ago I no longer receive updates.

Not sure if the travel had anything to do with it or it was just a coincidence. I've tried soft resetting. I really hope MS have addressed this bug in the upcoming update.

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
This is frustrating. The Nokia Drive app was updated days ago and I just found out today, by going to the app's page, that I didn't get the update yet. I also had to get the extras update by coming to this forum and finding the direct link to the store page. I have had the phone for a little over a week, and haven't had an app update notification since about the 2nd or 3rd day.

Jorge Segarra

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
All, I'm having this same issue. Last night had to go manually hunt through the store and update on app per app basis. And yes, I've had my phone charging overnight within wifi (which shuts off when phone is off anyways) and the updates push have been hit or miss. The best way to actually get Microsoft to "hear" your feedback is through their official UserVoice page: Feature Suggestions: Hot (19432 ideas) This forum is helpful but best to go directly to source. That's also where you can upvote/submit new feature requests which is nice.

Con Chuot

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Same issue with me. I have no update on the store tile for a week now. Have to manual go to the app store search for the app that I have. Select or tap on the app that I have. Then I see update at the bottom. It just happended this week. Before that I had no problem to see update numbers on the Store tile

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
This has been the way it is since WP7. Most of the time for big apps if I heard about updates I just go to the app and update it myself. Other apps, I can wait it's okay :)

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Same issue with me. I have no update on the store tile for a week now. Have to manual go to the app store search for the app that I have. Select or tap on the app that I have. Then I see update at the bottom. It just happended this week. Before that I had no problem to see update numbers on the Store tile
This could have something to do with people having Nokia updates like extras+info fail on them.

Nelman

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, something IS wrong! Here are the answers I got during a chat with a Microsoft tech agent:

"If i understand right, you're needing help with your application updates? Definitely a known issue with the series 8 at this point. The Live Tiles on your device will prompt you for an update if you go to the store manually, but at this point the rollout fix is planned just not available as of yet. Found that you're not the only one having this issue as of late. 7.5's still update just fine, just not the 8's. I'll add your account as one of the known issues with it and ultimately as soon as an over-the-air update occurs for the device, it should resolve your issue. They're estimating mid January still, but again that's just an estimate."

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh god, I got the same problem. I have to check with WPcentral which app update and then I go the App in the Store and update it manually, damn...

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

No update love here either for the 'Store' app live tile. Have to manually check each one at the web store site. Using the 'Purchase History' at least makes a list....but still a huge pain. No updates for at least a week or more.

Microsoft....please fix

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something interesting. I've had my phone idle for like 3 hours with 3G data on and now I saw 5 updates on the store tile. I hardly get updates with WiFi on.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes the phone can see the updates, but sometimes it can't.
This has been one of the annoying bug. And somehow, I think and a lot of other users also pointed that it seems the phone will only check for the updates once a day. Not as soon as the updates available. And when I asked Nokia Help, they said, the updates are distributed by batch.

Alex Magik

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
i found a way... maybe :)

1. make sure your live account and xbox account are set to the same market.
2. in the account of marketspace, the phone needs to have the correct phone number and country to match the above
3. your phone region/settings doesn't matter.
4. reboot the phone.

before i was not able to push apps from web to phone, now it works, probably updates will come too now that seems to be in sync.

Alex Magik

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

2. in the account of marketspace, the phone needs to have the correct phone number and country to match the above
4. reboot the phone.

before i was not able to push apps from web to phone, now it works, probably updates will come too now that seems to be in sync.

Alex Magik

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

4. reboot the phone.

ok, that didn't work, today HERE Transit was updated, but was not there. But at least it's better than before. Will see :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett