Apps not showing update available in app store

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Help!! Store not showing app updates. issue with Hard resets

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 with windows phone 8.

Now a month ago my phone started having data issues Nokia support told me to reset the phone to factory. but having a Nokia Lumia 920 it got stuck and I had to flash it myself.
Now this has worked and phone been fine but started about last week I am not getting app updates to my phone. As in the store icon is not showing app that have updates. Now I have tried this way to getting it working again:

Unpin store, clear Ie10 cache, soft reset, re-pin store tile.
But that has not worked waited 2 days.

Now I don't want to reset phone back to factory again as it may get stuck and the issues trying to flash it were a pain and took hours for me.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this and what's the best option for me. As I don't want to have to work out what apps have updates all the time.

Running latest version on my phone.
wp_ss_20130408_0002[1].png
I have also noted that the MEID is empty. Is this normal or is it because I flashed my device? also is it needed?

Many Thanks.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help!! Store not showing app updates. issue with Hard resets

It's a known bug. Hopefully it would be rectified in the GDR2 update.

andreirlopes

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Store doesn't notifies me about new updates

I don't know if it's a issue... Well, I think it is. And I want it to be solved.

The Windows Phone Store just doesn't notifies me about new updates, this don't even has a button inside the store-app to check app-updates. This is sad for me because I love update everything all time... And I doesn't even notifies me if there are updates out there. If I want an app to be updated, I have to find it in the store and see if there is an update. If don't, get back and find another... This is a problem for me.
store.jpg

link: https://zayt3g.bay.livefilestore.co...HF-O1QvLIx7uU4h6-QqfWqK4U4uY/store.jpg?psid=1

I want Windows Phone Store to be more like the Windows Store, referring to updates notifications. What is "funny" because I want the Windows Store to be more like Windows Phone Store, referring to the visual/design of it.

Don't get me wrong. I am just talking what I think, because I love W8, WP8, Microsoft and I rather post here the problems that I want to see solved, than just let go and turn a hater or something. I rather believe.

(excuse me for the bad english. I'm brazilian).

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help!! Store not showing app updates. issue with Hard resets

But this has been going on since windows phone 7 has it not? I just want a way top fix this.
I think only way is to reset the phone again but this time make sure nokia are aware with the getting stuck.

ryansstuff

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something interesting. I've had my phone idle for like 3 hours with 3G data on and now I saw 5 updates on the store tile. I hardly get updates with WiFi on.

Yes I have used to notice this with my windows phone 7 HTC Titan.

Sadly my nokia Lumia does not seam to work that way :/

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been battling this myself for months and happened to start receiving tile updates again last week. So what changed?

I've done the unpin, cache clear, reboot routine with limited but some success. I happened to be on a road trip and disabled WiFi, the next morning 15 updates on the tile. It's been working ever since with WiFi back on. I'm wondering if WiFi always on is not strictly true and locking you out of getting the notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99