replacement device - reinstall paid apps

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

This should be quick. I had some issues with my Lumia 920. Got a replacement device, and i wanted to reinstall some apps, by going to the windowsphone.com website, and reinstalling from my purchase history.

Now, it seems to by trying to send the push notifications to my old device. Is it somehow locked into an IMEI number or something?

I've logged into my old MS account, all my people, emails, calendar, messages etc. got automatically brought back on the the new device perfectly. I've enabled push notifications in my "find my phone" settings, like the website says I need to, but I just get a message they can't send apps to my phone right now, try again later.

There may be one other thing. I renamed my old device from "Windows Phone" to something more personal. Now, on the website, it still displays my personalised phone name. This clearly shows me that windowsphone.com has not somehow registered that I have a new device.

And I can't find any way to update my device on the website!!

Can anyone help?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Has the phone been activated yet? Once you log into your Microsoft account on the phone, it should update from there.... At least that's been my experience with WP7 devices - haven't had to replace an 8 device. Did you keep the old SIM, or did it get left in the phone that went back? Could that be it?

my.windowsphone.com - hover over your name, click on purchase history, and start clicking reinstall. Piece of cake. The ones from Nokia/HTC/Verizon/ATT/etc that are exclusive, you'll have to do from the phone.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, reinstall from windowsphone.com still doesn't work. I think they've still got my old device registered, not my new one.

But when I go to the apps in question in the store, it realises I've already paid for it, and can reinstall without being charged for it. At least that works.

I still think I somehow need to get MS to register that I have a new device, but at least my app problem has solved itself.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Since I edited my post, not sure if you'd noticed, but I asked if you have the SIM from the original phone in the new phone? Not sure if this might be how it ties the phone to the account or not, but it's worth asking.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Since I edited my post, not sure if you'd noticed, but I asked if you have the SIM from the original phone in the new phone? Not sure if this might be how it ties the phone to the account or not, but it's worth asking.

Yep, I've got the old sim card in the new device, that's why i also thought ms would register it. But seemingly not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234