XBox Music Pass

wfblue

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
New WP user, 8x owner. Just signed up for 30 free trial of music pass. Two questions: (I) music streams over wifi and cellular, but noticed a few "skips" during play over cellular connection- is this common, (ii) you have the option to "download" song-is this the same as purchasing it, because there is also an option to purchase the song for $1.29. Thanks in advance for responses. As an aside, 8X is an A+ phone-no reboots, no heat issues, inductive charging is great and I have experienced very good battery life. The interface with my business mail server etc. is nearly perfect.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The only reason you should get skips while streaming is if the music is buffering, which would be due to slow data. I only ever get that when I have crappy signal.
Downloading is not the same as buying. Buying gives you a DRM free MP3, downloading gives you an unlimited use DRM WMA file that works as long as you have the music pass. I've had the music pass for 5 years and still have songs from when I first signed up.

wfblue

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
The only reason you should get skips while streaming is if the music is buffering, which would be due to slow data. I only ever get that when I have crappy signal.
Downloading is not the same as buying. Buying gives you a DRM free MP3, downloading gives you an unlimited use DRM WMA file that works as long as you have the music pass. I've had the music pass for 5 years and still have songs from when I first signed up.

Thanks for the info. So you can download the music without additional charge (as long as you have the pass) and access it even when you are offline (airplane)?

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. So you can download the music without additional charge (as long as you have the pass) and access it even when you are offline (airplane)?

Correct - download as much as you want. As long as you have the pass it will remain on your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo