WP8 is not stable... rushed to market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've have a HTC trophy running 7.5. and just got my 15 yr old daughte a Lumia 822. SHe was on the fence between the 822 or an Iphone 4s. Unfortunatly we've had problems since she got the phone on Friday. 1st we had issues activating, then pretty much all day trying to get texting, syncing email or music sync working properly. The Music or media sync app is a *^%8 mess. This morning she calls me & says that her phone is poop. She can't open system apps they all just go back to start screen. She is 15 & is the only one of her friends with a Windows Phone. She no longer loves her phone. It is turning negative really fast & if this is not fixed ASAP she will return it for an iphone & tell all her friends & anyone else how bad her Wiindows Phone was. She was so excitred to show off her new "Lumia" at school tomorrow but now she said she won't even show anyone. This is exaclty what WP does not need. By looking on this forum, MS & Nokia support forum things are not looking good.... It seems WP8 was not finished & rushed out by the type of issue that are being reported. Wasn't WP8 with NT kernal supposed to be more stable than 7.5 based on CE kernal? I have now decided to sit this round out & upgrade my Trophy in February or March.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
My HTC 8x has worked perfectly since I first powered it up about 2 weeks ago.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeh, I have not heard of any of the problems your speaking of! I have only heard incredible things about windows phone! (heard some not so pleasant things about the 920s hardware specifically)

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Go look at any forum for a phone and all you see are problems.....ever look at the apple forums, you would think every product they make it is a dud....most people don't go someplace just to say things are great, they go to complain about an issue. I have a 920 and have setup a few others at work and have had no issues so far.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not a rookie by any means, I know most forums have more bad than good. I know all products have issues & non are perfect. It just seems that there are a lot of core thing have issues with WP8 this time.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
OP, I have to agree with all the others saying no problems. What's even better that they are experiences with different WP8 devices.

I am sorry but I wouldn't change my mind based on a 15 year old girl's experience, specially when all her friends have the iPhone. Trust me I was a 15 year old girl once. :-D
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It's quite stable for the majority of people. I do agree that it was rushed to beat the holidays, but Microsoft left out major features like the notification center to allow for more testing of core features.

The fact that you had issues with activation leads me to believe the phone is bad as a whole, and needs to be returned. That's all.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're kidding right, there are a lot of things being reported with both Nokia & HTC phone not all hardware related. If everything was so perfect there wouldn't be an WP8 update coming this month from MS. a mere 6 weeks after launch.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OP, I have to agree with all the others saying no problems. What's even better that they are experiences with different WP8 devices.

I am sorry but I wouldn't change my mind based on a 15 year old girl's experience, specially when all her friends have the iPhone. Trust me I was a 15 year old girl once. :-D
Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

Not changing my mind based on my daughters experinace which I have the pleaseure of trying to fix. It is also based on all the posts I've read & How my Trophy is performing right now.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Any new operating system is going to have issues. IOS has had issues... Android still has issues and wp7 was a mess until the first update. I do think that you may have a did, the 822 seems to be the least problematic of the wp8 phones.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
iOS 6 recently just had an update, weeks after its release. There are always problems that need to be addressed, regardless of platform.

Unfortunately, you just got a dud and should exchange it. You could be pleasantly surprised how well the phone is supposed to work.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
@OP, I think the biggest problem here is your 15 yr old daughter is succumbing to peer pressure for not being in on the iPhone crowd. I would sit down with her and hash out all the issues to determine if it is the phone, user or experience. By experience I mean that there just some things that the WP8 platform can't do right now, like alot of Facebook games.

If the problem is experience, get her the iPhone.

If it's the phone, replace it.

If it is the user, train her.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any new operating system is going to have issues. IOS has had issues... Android still has issues and wp7 was a mess until the first update. I do think that you may have a did, the 822 seems to be the least problematic of the wp8 phones.
I agree with that but it just needs to be better at this point for MS & WP8. I've heard this over & over. 1st it was wait until NODO, them wait til Mango, then wait til Appollo, not its wait til the 1st update.... See a pattern there? I know no OS is perfect, but MS needed to knock this re-launch so to speak out of the park & so far it has not been.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No offense dude but you really sound like your trolling. If not then you really need to exchange the 822 because its a dud. I know there are some issues but nothing like you are reporting. I have two 920's and have had minimal issues. I would say most of the people with wp8 phones have had an awesome experience so far.

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, this is just BS. Now I'm trolling for expressing my thoughts.... Come on, what, do I need to post a pic showing you my Trophy to prove I'm really a WP user WTF!

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, this is just BS. Now I'm trolling for expressing my thoughts.... Come on, what, do I need to post a pic showing you my Trophy to prove I'm really a WP user WTF!

Your assumption wasn't "bad phone", it was "bad OS", and instead of replacing a phone that had issues from the beginning, you assumed the OS was unstable. I know WP8 has issues, but it's not "unstable". If it was, the majority of users would be complaining. That would be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, not the dozens that dominate the complaints on these forums. Your daughter can't even open apps, and you think that's an OS issue? Don't you think that would be an incredibly huge problem on this and other forums if it was a widespread OS issue?

The problem people have with your post is that you didn't ask for help, see if anyone had the same issues, or see what you could do, you just posted that WP8 wasn't stable due to your experience and reading some forums. That's anecdotal, just as if I took my perfect experience along with other people loving their phones, and extrapolated that to mean that everyone should also have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb