Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By inteller

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Okay, so I don't have kids so when i first heard of this feature i didnt think it would be useful for me but if it's good enough for Jessica Alba it's good enough for me LOL, however, after thinking about it i decided to name mine "Game Room" and put all my games on this screen and just two apps, the WPCentral app and the Weather Channel app, what i have found is that a) I like not having to open up the games hub b) it seems games load abit faster (not that they were slow, much faster than 7.5) c) my phone doesn't seem to get as warm playing the game, But d) you can still make in game purchases which i thought would not be possible in kids corner, so make sure to set up your "wallet" properly. Also, i was surprised that text messages still came thru and learned that if you are on your normal start screen, hit power, and immediately hit power again, that the password feature doesn't kick in and you can still activate the main start screen, you have to wait a few (about 5) min for the password lock to engage (design flaw?)

I like this set up even though i don't have kids. I can let my friends play games on my phone without giving them access to all of my phone, also its pretty convenient not having to unlock my phone just to play games or check weather or WPCentral ( my most used app by far :p.

Smart Glass seems to be a real problem on my 920, I use it on my xbox when using the browser, (much easier than the controller) but the phone gets incredibly hot, not warm, but HOT, its the only thing on my phone that gets it HOT, very hot to the touch, not just the back but the glass as well, and it drains the battery extremely fast (30-40% with just ten min of use) anyone else experience this using smart glass?

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    You can actually change the name from Kid's Corner to something else? That's pretty cool! I'd definitely use it like you, for quick access to my frequently used apps without unlocking the phone all the way. When I get my yellow 920 I doubt I'll let many others touch it, lol.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    yes, when you launch kids corner there is a customize tile that lets you name it, change background pic, adjust color scheme ect, pretty cool actually
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    joebelfiore admitted as much on his twitter that having to enter in a passcode for kid's corner is a design flaw. hopefully this gets addressed in a fast minor OTA update.
    aubreyq likes this.