Phone restore

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My company received the HTC 8X for a few days to try out. I had it for a few days, during which I set up my various accounts, downloaded a fair number of apps, and customized the phone, including settings and the start screen. Before passing the phone to someone else in the company I made sure to back it up and then reset it.

This morning I received the phone back, and wanted to use it for the final few days before having to return it to the carrier. I performed a restore, and indeed my account and the apps that I downloaded were restored to the phone. What I was less happy about was that I expected the start screen to return to how I customized it, but to my surprised it didn't. Is that how it should be or have I done something wrong?

I know I probably shouldn't be comparing every single function with iOS, but with the latter, a backup includes remembering the position of the apps on the home screen, and this is a feature that I expected WP8 to include.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
No, for some reason it doesn't seem to remember the start screen setup, very irritating, neither does it remember individual app settings

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How did you like the 8X?, I have the 920 an love it

Thanks for the reply!
I absolutely love the 8X, and am having a tough time deciding between the 8X and the 920. The 920 is yet to be released here (should be out by the end of the month), so I've yet to hold one, and the thinkness and weight is a concern.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
hold one, weight is not an issue, honestly this is way overblown, i was worried about that too until i got my hands on one, i dont think thickness is an issue either, however i will say the width did take a bit to get used to, i handled the 8X, great phone, feels great in the hands, but the 920 feels good as well, i think it will come down to personal choice, so if your on the fence try both, but you most likely can put the weight issue to rest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb