- 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM #1
I have an official developer account at dev.windowsphone.com and I want to dev unlock my Lumia 920. The only way that I know of (just like with WP7) is to download the SDK.
The WP8 SDK requires Windows 8 64-bit to install. I only have Windows 8 32-bit available to me right now from my tablet.
Is there a way to get the Developer Registration Tool without doing the whole SDK? Or a way to do it from 32-bit Windows or even Windows 7?
- 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM #2
I don't think there is. But - when I first installed Win8 with the Dev preview, I did it as a dual boot with a virtual hard drive. You could probably do it in a virtual machine, as well. Have you tried that? Download the trial version and install on a VM or a VHD - or - if you have a spare hard drive, or a 128 GB Jump drive (I know - like we all have 128GB Jump Drives laying around, right?), or even an external drive, you can install Win8 to that.
Just a few thoughts......
Here's the guide I used last year:
Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!
- By TheWeeBear in forum Developers CornerReplies: 3Last Post: 09-02-2014, 09:03 AM
- By alpinestars1z in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-25-2013, 11:12 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 09-26-2012, 03:42 PM
- By coasterfreak212 in forum Developers CornerReplies: 8Last Post: 12-21-2011, 04:58 AM
- By Dave Blake in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 6Last Post: 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM