What is the random words on my calendar?

Paul Natural

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
When I look at my calendar in the whole month view, I see random words that doesnt make sense such as "class aptent tactics", "aliquam sodale", ...what is that??

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Those are classic "filler" words for templated text (like Ipsum Lorem). Sounds like you have some kind of connection to a stock website calendar or maybe some test events of some sort. Check your calendar and accounts online, see what you're hooked up to.

Eric Immerman

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow. How did I never notice this before. You have good eyes sir. I think that text just represents that you have an appointment on that day and not what the appointment is. I wonder how it decides how much to put in. And why they decided not to use appointment titles.

The text is called Lorem Ipsom text. It is a bunch of jumbled latin text that printers often used to test typesetting. Programmers also use it as dummy text. Read the stuff at the link below. It is pretty interesting.

Lorem Ipsum - All the facts - Lipsum generator

Eric Immerman

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Those are classic "filler" words for templated text (like Ipsum Lorem). Sounds like you have some kind of connection to a stock website calendar or maybe some test events of some sort. Check your calendar and accounts online, see what you're hooked up to.

I am only hooked up to my Exchange Calendar and I see it. So I think it must be standard. Bizarre.

MNPSaint

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I look at my calendar in the whole month view, I see random words that doesnt make sense such as "class aptent tactics", "aliquam sodale", ...what is that??

What, you don't speak Klingon? lol. From what I've read, it's just a place holder to show the one or multiple events you have on each day/square, you have to click in to actually see the details. Not sure why MS couldn't just put the actual event subject, maybe because it's too small to read anyway in the month view?

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow. How did I never notice this before. You have good eyes sir. I think that text just represents that you have an appointment on that day and not what the appointment is. I wonder how it decides how much to put in. And why they decided not to use appointment titles.

I think you're right, I never bothered to squint and try to read that in month view. From my calendar it looks like they throw in one line per event - on Saturday I have 2 events, so two lines of text.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What, you don't speak Klingon? lol. From what I've read, it's just a place holder to show the one or multiple events you have on each day/square, you have to click in to actually see the details. Not sure why MS couldn't just put the actual event subject, maybe because it's too small to read anyway in the month view?

Bingo. This is what it is. It's actually Latin, not Klingon LOL... but it's just placeholder text to show you have something scheduled on that day. The type would normally be too small to read anyway so they never bothered with the real words. The thing is, on the old Windows Phones with 800x480 you needed very good eyes to make out those nonsense words, but now that we have 1280x768, a lot more people are going to notice them LOL.

They need to just put the real appointment info there and make the month view of the calendar "pinch to zoom" if you ask me...

mechashen

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I use calendar plus when looking at month view. Its just slightly larger than the stock calendar but it uses actual appointment data. So much nicer that way. I hope the stock calendar gets updated to fix this.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I use calendar plus when looking at month view. Its just slightly larger than the stock calendar but it uses actual appointment data. So much nicer that way. I hope the stock calendar gets updated to fix this.
The only problem with this is it doesn't show sub-calendars, only main account calendars...

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If the text was too small to read then how come we all know it's not in the correct language? It's the wrong language, MS needs to fix it. If the text was too small to read, hence the placeholder text, then why not just use the default language since "it can't be read" anyway? Completely dumb.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo