Can't Send Message (try again) UGGGG!

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
SO ... I have a family room setup with my wife. We each have 822s and have used the family chat for a week now. Today I sent here a message in the family room and got no reply back. Later when I talked to her she said she had not seen any chat message from me but she had sent me a couple as well. I had received nothing from her. I tried to send her a message directly instead of from the family room and I get error "Can't Send Message - try again".

Comparing our phones side by side it appears the issue is on my 822. I show up as 'offline' under messaging on her phone. Sky drive and other apps are synching on my phone, including family room notes, but any place that uses Windows Live Messaging on my phone is not working. I have checked my settings to ensure I am listed as "available" under messaging and powered my phone off/on but it is still not allowing me to send messages directly or via the family room.

Any ideas short of a factory reset?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Are you on WiFi only? I've usually found that to be my issue, or just in a place with little to no signal.

And if its related directly to the family room thing, I can't help there, I haven't tried to use it.

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but it is nothing to do with connection. I am on a strong WiFi signal.

So it keeps getting odder. After messing around for the past two hours I think it has something to do with the way our Hotmail names are linked in each of our phones. We use Google as our main address book and then linked our Facebook and Hotmail accounts to that. I have messed around now and, after taking the first/last name off our hotmail entries, can use the chat in family room. However, both of us now show up as 'offline' if we try to directly message each other.

How can I completely remove / clean up our hotmail contact lists. We use Google as our main contacts and neither of us even sync hotmail contacts. Where does the phone get the hot mail / windows live messenger links from? I know some of mine must be from Twitter as 99% of my hotmail contact list is imported from twitter but my wife doesn't have a twitter account.

I would just like to delete us from each others groups and then re-add the contacts and links so the phone is happy but I don't know where it got the messenger links in the first place..

rpm1984

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
what he was saying are you only on wifi? do you have good cell signal as well. texts go over cell signal not over wifi. My wifes 822 had a similar problem and after she restarted the phone it went away. A lot of people are having a problem where texts don't send while they are on wifi for some reason. Many are finding that when they turn off wifi it works fine. my just took restarting.

Edgar Tan

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Turn off wifi and turn on mobile internet.....that is the only way in my experience to send group messages thru sms using windows phone 8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss