- 12-04-2012, 10:27 AM #1
Has anyone else encountered this scenario?
You are on a call and want to check an email or a website while still on the call. As you are doing said action, it jumps back to the call screen. I have a Lumia 920 and I asked my sister to replicate on her HTC 8X on Verizon and it is exhibiting the same symptoms. Just curious if this is isolated or not.
- 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM #2
- 12-04-2012, 10:55 AM #5
I was on the phone with AT&T about them charging me $450 for a Lumia 920 I ordered online and then cancelled (a whole other story lol) and I kept trying to go back to my Bank of America app to get information and it would bounce me back to the phone screen. It took me about 5 tries to finally get it to stay on the app long enough for me to get the info I needed. Pretty annoying. But like the other little bugs out there, I have faith that Microsoft will make it right, so I'm not going to get too upset about it.
- 12-04-2012, 11:37 AM #6
- 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM #9
- 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM #10
hmmm, CDMA doesn't allow voice/data simultaneously. it may have it in the settings but the network (Verizon) wont handle it, thats why at&t advertises this feature so heavily, Verizon has more 4G LTE but at&t allows voice/data at the same time, pick your poison lol
- 12-04-2012, 01:17 PM #13
Sprint and Verizon can do SVDO if the Qualcom S4 SoC is being used in the phones. Other examples include the GS3, Evo 4G LTE, LG Viper 4g LTE, and a few others. All on 3g with voice being on 800 and Data being on PCS1900.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
- 12-04-2012, 01:26 PM #14Communication
- Global Ready™
- Simultaneous Voice and Data
- Mobile Hotspot with support for up to 8 Devices on 3G or 4G
- Wi–FI: 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- NFC– Tap and Share with other NFC devices; Tap and Pair with compatible NFC Bluetooth Accessories
- Advanced Security features include: BitLocker device encryption, Information rights management, App sandboxing, Code signing, and Secure boot
- Embedded ringtones, vibrate alert and silent
- Voice input– make a call, launch an app, send a text, take a note, find something online, and lots more
- Supported Languages: 50 (some via download)
- Virtually limitless contacts (limited only by 16GB on–board memory)
- Text, Picture, and Video messaging with threaded feature
- Calendar, Alarm Clock, and Calculator
- Assisted GPS E911 and GLONASS
- TTY Compatible
- Hearing Aid Compatibility–M4/T4
12-04-2012, 02:13 PM #15
- 993 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 12-21-2012, 11:44 PM #17
- 12-22-2012, 12:22 AM #18
It happens to me and for me it's because of the sensor on the top that sets your screen off. If you try mutletasking while actives the sensor, it would push you back to the call screen. I also had it on my old wp7.5..
Sent from Lumia 920
- 12-22-2012, 03:02 AM #21
I'm on Rogers and a 920 and multitask really well looking for stuff while on cellular call or using Skype calling... Like I do find I go back to the call screen sometimes and I assume I just hit something wrong. Now I'll just watch if it is indeed the sensor as reported above!
- 12-22-2012, 12:03 PM #25
- By LuvMyLabs in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2012, 03:30 PM
- By shamelin73 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 14Last Post: 06-11-2012, 05:09 PM
- By sos710m in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 4Last Post: 12-07-2011, 01:49 PM