Backup Restore - Downloading Application Attention Required

Eric Immerman

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with my Lumia 920 that required a Hard Reset. I backed up my phone using the built in backup. When I went to restore my phone I noticed that after the restore there were several applications in the pending download list that were called "Downloading Application" At the end of all the apps restoring I had 4 or 5 of these that were all listed as Attention Required. I figured these were all applications that were no longer available in the app store or maybe weird Nokia updates or something. So I deleted the applications from the list by holding down on them and selecting delete.

After the hard reset my phone still had the problem (A Microphone Problem) that had occurred before the reset. So I went to AT&T and got a new phone. I did a fresh backup prior to turning off the old phone and then setup the new phone and restored the backup. The Downloading Applications in the list showed back up again. Even though I deleted them prior to the backup on the old phone.

Does anybody have any concept of what these apps are or why they keep showing up? Is it OK to simply delete them from the pending download list?

Here is a screen shot:
wp_ss_20121204_0001.jpg

Zenite

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with my Lumia 920 that required a Hard Reset. I backed up my phone using the built in backup. When I went to restore my phone I noticed that after the restore there were several applications in the pending download list that were called "Downloading Application" At the end of all the apps restoring I had 4 or 5 of these that were all listed as Attention Required. I figured these were all applications that were no longer available in the app store or maybe weird Nokia updates or something. So I deleted the applications from the list by holding down on them and selecting delete.

After the hard reset my phone still had the problem (A Microphone Problem) that had occurred before the reset. So I went to AT&T and got a new phone. I did a fresh backup prior to turning off the old phone and then setup the new phone and restored the backup. The Downloading Applications in the list showed back up again. Even though I deleted them prior to the backup on the old phone.

Does anybody have any concept of what these apps are or why they keep showing up? Is it OK to simply delete them from the pending download list?

Here is a screen shot:
View attachment 24166
Some girl asked help for same problem after backup restoring on 920. Could anyone help?

autumnride

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I personally think that these Apps are e.g. Whatsapp and maybe a bunch of other Apps that disappeared in the Store.

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you tap them instead of pressing and hold to delete when attention required appear. Usually it start downloading again after taping. If that doesn't help maybe is because they don't work anymore

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I assumed they were just placeholders. They disappeared on their own after a while. Just there to let you know your apps are still in the process of downloading, if you are scrolling through your app list.

Could be wrong though! But I didn't notice any missing after my restore.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Been though this a couple of times, experimenting with resets and restores. The only option right now, is to long press and cancel. From what I've been able to figure out, is those are Nokia updates for various apps and settings.

You can let the phone sit for at least 24 hours and then they will show up in the Store app as updates. Or you can go into the Store app, do a search for "Nokia" then start down the list and select each app you have or want to update.

The only bummer is the OS settings updates won't show in the Store app list. Those you just have to wait for them to appear in the Store app as updates. And it sometimes takes 24 hours for them to show up. I've had them show up in the app as little as 1 hour after a reset/restore, but be patient they will eventually show.

Shubhendu Singh

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 620 User.(WP8)
I have some problem like this also.
I Manually Downloaded the APK file of ASPHALT 7 HEAT. (Trial) from official Market site.
I have 3.06 GB free in Phone and 3.19 GB free in SD Card.
Copied the APK file in SD card, Put it in L620, Rebooted it.
Store > SD > Asphalt 7 Heat >
Now as there is no "downloading" to be done its just Installing where after (~roughly) 25% of installing it throws an error "Attention required. Tap here".
No matter what i do this doesnt seems to let me install it fully.
Wifi always on, No battery Saver, Find My phone ON (but shows off in little fonts, but its on i think.)
Anything more !?
I planned to check out the trial version of Heat and Buy it afterwards, but this is really not cool.

rcballa12

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I may have found a few solutions for this.

1) Get the "SysApp Pusher" app, go through all of your manufacturer apps and choose "update" on each one that gives you the update option
2) After you've exhausted all of those options and still have some "downloading app" icons in your app list, long-press each app in the main app list and choose "share", messaging. After the text shows up it gives you a URL to the app. Copy/Paste that URL into internet explorer and it will take you to the app that's trying to install. Install your app and repeat. Turn the phone off/on if you have some stubborn ones and try this method again until all apps are downloaded.

Enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea