New to Windows Phone, came from IOS. Have a few questions that I haven't been able to figure out yet

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm new to Windows Phone, I jumped ship from IOS, I got the 8x on Verizon. I'm only a few days into it an loving the 8x so far but I have a few questions of things I haven't figured out yet. Would save me alot of time an research for your help

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I never had a phone yet with NFC so I'm very interested in using that feature to its fullest extent. Got some NFC tag stickers. What's the best app to get to customize NFC tags?

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also I want to purchase custom music ringtones of my favorite songs. I have search the store an Xbox music very extensively an can't not seem to find ringtones anywhere

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In your opinion what r the best Facebook & Twitter apps to get? The official Facebook app isn't bad but everytime I click into something on a timeline an back out it takes me right back to the top to the most recent very annoying. An the official Twitter app never saves me where I left off on the last Tweet I was reading. With IOS I was using Tweetbot so I'm looking for a more complete Twitter experience like that

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll take a stab at this.

Post 1 (NFC). Dunno. Its too new and I don't think there are specific apps to read tags. (Havent used it to be honest). From what I have seen NFC is a quick way to pair to the Bluetooth device and perhaps launch an app favorite on the charging stand.

2. Custom Ringtone can be made with the Desktop Sync app. Or you can download Free Ringtones by Fast Code (Blue Square with white eigthnote). I use this and it does the job. (Better than getting a RT on an iPhone through iTunes IMO)

3. Facebook. I just use the integrated function for FB like the people and picture hubs. I use the app for FB chat messages. To be honest, again, I think the iPhone apps for FB and twitter are far better than anything in the WP store. I do use a paid version of MoTweets. I think it gets the job done.

Hope that helps.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Rowi for twitter, I used to be an iOS user and I loved tweetbot. I love how fast Rowi, is, and it supports tweetmarker for saving timeline place across clients and devices. They also have a WP8 update in the pipeline but the 7.x version works great. Fastest twitter client I've used. Also you can jump to top easily which is important to me in a twitter client.

For Facebook the built in people hub is quite usable for light use, especially because it is fast and doesn't require launching an app. For more specific things like commenting on a group page I use the Facebook App. Going to touch.facebook.com in IE works pretty well too, I have that bookmarked

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Rowi for twitter, but am playing around with gleek, too...both are nice, but I'm used to Rowi and love it.

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
For FB, between the People Hub integration and the standard FB app, I get everything I need for FB.

For Twitter, Rowi hands down. (although Rowi on W8 isn't good at all,

laity78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Cool I will give Rowi s shot. I was looking for an iTunes sync app but couldn't find one. Does anybody know an app that I can get my iTunes on my 8x. Not really that big of a deal cuz I still run my I4s like an iPod touch but I was just curious

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon