Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. krishnanr14's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I only heard TuneIn is still on Windows 7.5....However, anyone have any clue when the release for it on Windows 8 is coming? Honestly, they should have updated these apps before releasing the Windows Phone 8.
  2. shinygerbil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Do you mean Windows 8, or Windows Phone 8?

    No idea when it's coming - you could always try tweeting @tunein and see if they reply. Sometimes unexpected things happen; development doesn't always go as planned. Be patient and things will come eventually :)
  3. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I'm going to presume you mean Windows Phone 8 and not Windows 8. As on Windows 8 it is already out!
  4. fwaits's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    876 Posts
    Global Posts
    971 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I got a reply from TuneIn the other day saying they are working on a version for WP8 and to watch the store for a release. How long that exactly means, I don't know, but they specifically said they are working on it so that's good.
    Slai likes this.
  5. Kebero's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    716 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by krishnanr14 View Post
    I only heard TuneIn is still on Windows 7.5....However, anyone have any clue when the release for it on Windows 8 is coming? Honestly, they should have updated these apps before releasing the Windows Phone 8.
    Did you really just say that Microsoft should have waited for 3rd party developers to update all of their apps before releasing Windows Phone 8?
  6. OttawaMan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebero View Post
    Did you really just say that Microsoft should have waited for 3rd party developers to update all of their apps before releasing Windows Phone 8?
    Exactly. These developers get pre-release versions of the OS for development work. If their app isn't ready for the OS launch then either they are having challenges with it or they dropped the ball. All I can say is that they need to be carefull because there's always some clever developer on the side-lines ready to steal your market. What do you think is happening right now with regards to TuneIn app? People have a need and it's currently not being met by TuneIn so they are going to other apps to try out and see if it fulfills that need. Each time someone does that, TuneIn potentially loses a client. I'm sure they're aware of the tight-rope they're walking and are doing their best to get a quality product to market asap. But we are a fickle bunch we consumers.
  7. Matt Fara's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    That is incorrect, the SDK was not released until WP8 was announced.
    It was very late, and a bad move on Microsoft's part.
    But it has nothing to do with challenges or dropping the ball.
  8. shinygerbil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    208 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OttawaMan View Post
    Exactly. These developers get pre-release versions of the OS for development work. If their app isn't ready for the OS launch then either they are having challenges with it or they dropped the ball. All I can say is that they need to be carefull because there's always some clever developer on the side-lines ready to steal your market. What do you think is happening right now with regards to TuneIn app? People have a need and it's currently not being met by TuneIn so they are going to other apps to try out and see if it fulfills that need. Each time someone does that, TuneIn potentially loses a client. I'm sure they're aware of the tight-rope they're walking and are doing their best to get a quality product to market asap. But we are a fickle bunch we consumers.
    You misread the question? The OP implied that Microsoft should have waited and not released WP8 yet, because TuneIn isn't ready.

    I'm sure we'd all be happy if Microsoft had announced "Folks, we're finished with WP8, it's gone gold, it's ready to be in store tomorrow! But we're releasing Q2 2013 because some dev can't be bothered to update his app until then."

    If TuneIn is not ready by launch, that's their problem. Microsoft (and by extension us, the consumers) should not be made to wait.
  9. krishnanr14's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #9  
    I meant Windows Phone 8. I'm so sorry for the confusion guys. I don't even have Windows 8. But TuneIn got released today.
  10. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by krishnanr14 View Post
    I meant Windows Phone 8. I'm so sorry for the confusion guys. I don't even have Windows 8. But TuneIn got released today.
    Don't worry. Btw, besides the app incompatibilities Windows 8 is fantastic. Just cheesed off that it broke my radio broadcasting program!
  11. mcassoni's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    its there now

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM
  2. [Game] Spiritual released for Windows Phone!
    By Team Jolly Roger in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM
  3. Skype for Windows Phone 7 still scheduled to be released this year
    By martin_strahilovski in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
  4. Release of Aces Traffic Pack for Windows Phone 7
    By concsoft in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 09:24 AM

Posting Permissions

";