What is this symbol in Xbox Music

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What is this little symbol? It shows up on a few of my songs and I can't for the life of me figure out what's so special about them.

whatisthat.jpg

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It may be stored on your phone storage, but somehow it's streaming it. Watch your data! It streams at 192kbps WMA. Which means you're looking at like 150-200MB data (or maybe more) an HOUR being munched. I know this because I am a presenter on a radio station and this is something we have warned about in the past.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Because I aren't live mixing, but rather presenting a radio show, I don't like to consider myself a radio DJ. Most of the others call themselves DJs though, just I don't call myself it.

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it from a cloud playlist?
Im willing to bet it is. I had this had to me with music I purchased from Zune. I had created a playlist and added the song to it, but the file was not synced, only the playlist (created on Surface). When i wen to my phone, all my cloud storage songs were appearing as being streamed. Which stinks because i am eating up tons of data driving to and from work.

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It was part of a Zune playlist, but doesn't show up in my Xbox Music program on my PC. So I don't know why that would sync. Especially since I thought you only got cloud syncing if you had a paid Xbox Music subscription, which I don't. Weeeeirrd.

Anyway all those songs went away when I turned off the "Xbox Music cloud collection" setting so all's right with the world.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
That is also the symbol for "Danger: Your music collection is about to be irreparably harmed by Xbox Music." (or on my device: "Who the DO NOT TRY TO BEAT THE CURSE FILTER is Ke$ha and when did I buy her albums?!"

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
That is also the symbol for "Danger: Your music collection is about to be irreparably harmed by Xbox Music." (or on my device: "Who the DO NOT TRY TO BEAT THE CURSE FILTER is Ke$ha and when did I buy her albums?!"

Hahaha, That was confusing as all get out when I started to read it..."What is he trying to say??? His phone hated the $ in Ke$ha???"

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are concerned about data, or just want those cloud songs on your device, do this:

1. Go to music+videos -> music -> songs
  2. Click the "select" button at the bottom
  3. Select the songs with that cloud icon next to it that you want on your device
  4. Select "download" from the bottom menu
  5. When it's done, go into music setting and turn off Xbox Music cloud collection

Of course, being connected to WiFi when you do this would be a good idea...

Mektah

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It means the song is available for streaming. If you have a song on your phone and in your collection it will show up as that symbol. If you have it in your collection, but not on your phone it will show a cloud.

search support dot xbox dot com for music symbols. it won't let me post the link.

What is this little symbol? It shows up on a few of my songs and I can't for the life of me figure out what's so special about them.

View attachment 24184