- 12-05-2012, 02:04 AM #5
It may be stored on your phone storage, but somehow it's streaming it. Watch your data! It streams at 192kbps WMA. Which means you're looking at like 150-200MB data (or maybe more) an HOUR being munched. I know this because I am a presenter on a radio station and this is something we have warned about in the past.
- 12-05-2012, 10:46 AM #8
Because I aren't live mixing, but rather presenting a radio show, I don't like to consider myself a radio DJ. Most of the others call themselves DJs though, just I don't call myself it.
12-05-2012, 11:29 AM #9
- 101 Posts
- 12-05-2012, 10:45 PM #10
It was part of a Zune playlist, but doesn't show up in my Xbox Music program on my PC. So I don't know why that would sync. Especially since I thought you only got cloud syncing if you had a paid Xbox Music subscription, which I don't. Weeeeirrd.
Anyway all those songs went away when I turned off the "Xbox Music cloud collection" setting so all's right with the world.
- 12-06-2012, 07:56 AM #12
- 12-06-2012, 10:32 AM #14
If you are concerned about data, or just want those cloud songs on your device, do this:
- Go to music+videos -> music -> songs
- Click the "select" button at the bottom
- Select the songs with that cloud icon next to it that you want on your device
- Select "download" from the bottom menu
- When it's done, go into music setting and turn off Xbox Music cloud collection
Of course, being connected to WiFi when you do this would be a good idea...
08-22-2014, 09:47 PM #15
- 1 Posts
It means the song is available for streaming. If you have a song on your phone and in your collection it will show up as that symbol. If you have it in your collection, but not on your phone it will show a cloud.
search support dot xbox dot com for music symbols. it won't let me post the link.
- By kenzibit in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 16Last Post: 06-26-2012, 03:10 AM
- By Neibl in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM
- By mmaman in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 09-10-2011, 11:04 PM
- By dreamcast87 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 3Last Post: 07-27-2011, 08:45 PM
- By dj9928 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 05-03-2011, 08:27 PM