Reliable messaging for WP8

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Steves: Facebookchat I used quite alot for about three weeks, viber just on and off here and there.

edit: but I did send my phone away on monday, could be that recent changes has made FB chat worse.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Steves: Facebookchat I used quite alot for about three weeks, viber just on and off here and there.

edit: but I did send my phone away on monday, could be that recent changes has made FB chat worse.

It's not a new issue that popped up recently, this is a long standing issue that has been there ever since the first WP7 version.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thats strange. Could it be missed if youre not paying close attention? Cause I really have found FBchat to be stellar :s .

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I use SMS (VERY reliable ;) - for local non-photo stuff.

I use Emails (update as soon as it arrives) - for international AND photo stuff.

There is not one friend of mine on ANY platform who doesn't have at least 1 email syncing to their phone.

These two are more reliable than anything on any platform and costs less on data + battery.

Only if WP8 could let me attach vids and audios to emails - my life would be perfecto.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Talk.To for GChat - so far it's been the best GChat app I've used on Windows Phone. Not that that's saying much, though.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I use SMS (VERY reliable ;) - for local non-photo stuff.

I use Emails (update as soon as it arrives) - for international AND photo stuff.

There is not one friend of mine on ANY platform who doesn't have at least 1 email syncing to their phone.

These two are more reliable than anything on any platform and costs less on data + battery.

Only if WP8 could let me attach vids and audios to emails - my life would be perfecto.

Have you tried BBM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, every time one of my friends sends me some link to install some stupid cross platform chat thing I just ignore it. On iOS I used SMS and Email and on Android I used SMS and Email and on WP I use SMS and Email. It's the only thing that 100% of all my friends and family have. Not even Facebook is 100% across all my friends/family.

Plus I don't have to worry about some dumb battery draining extra app either. (Mostly on the Android side...)

SMS and Email... there's no school like the old school. :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No I mean between blackberry's.

Aren't we talking about cross-platform messaging app here though? Think that was your opening post dilemma - something that works for iOS and Android users too, no?

But no, I haven't used BBM as I've only seen 13-18 year olds use that and I'm way past that age. In my days we had Yahoo! Messenger and MSN.

Yeah, every time one of my friends sends me some link to install some stupid cross platform chat thing I just ignore it. On iOS I used SMS and Email and on Android I used SMS and Email and on WP I use SMS and Email. It's the only thing that 100% of all my friends and family have. Not even Facebook is 100% across all my friends/family.

Plus I don't have to worry about some dumb battery draining extra app either. (Mostly on the Android side...)

SMS and Email... there's no school like the old school. :)

Exactly that! I don't see a single person who doesn't have an email and they don't need to install anything! If they are using a smartphone, they definitely have an email account synced. They won't mind keeping their emails "as item arrives" if they are eager to reply you as soon as your email hits their phones. For everything else there is free unlimited SMS. Im presuming most smartphone users are blessed with either unlimited texts OR data or both.

The only reason I lean towards this more day after day is because I know, it is super easy on my battery and data plan!

It doesn't even mess up my volume bar with background music (Yes, whatsapp am looking at you!)

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup I'll have to wait until at least whatsapp releases the wp8 app. By that time hopefully the yellow 920 will be out and maybe BlackBerry 10 too.

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a good chat app too because I refuse to pay att $20/month. Message is the biggest thing I miss from my iPhone. I am hoping they will make the Skype messenger top class.

Fb chat with my wife on her idevices has been flaky. And I am trying kik next.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a good chat app too because I refuse to pay att $20/month. Message is the biggest thing I miss from my iPhone. I am hoping they will make the Skype messenger top class. <br />
<br />
Fb chat with my wife on her idevices has been flaky. And I am trying kik next.

Could you please post how kik goes for you over here. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo