Quick Question re:Store Purchases

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So I just purchased an app for the first time on Windows Phone and I just wanted to check a couple of things. I hit the buy button and I was expecting to have to set up my wallet or some kind f information to purchase. I'm currently on an Orange PAYG sim so it makes sense that the first option on the list was to add it to my Orange account bill. The second option in the list, paypal, was a pleasant surprise. I hit paypal and expected to have to confirm my details or enter a password or something but no... nothing. The app downloaded and I checked my email and I've paid for it and everything was uber simple.

So my question is... how is my phone connected to (or even aware of) my paypal account? My paypal is linked to my gmail, which is a linked inbox so I suppose it could have gotten it from there but it's not linked to my MS account. Also how can it purchase things through this account when I've not set it with my information? Since I've made this purchase I've made sure to set up a wallet pin so that I don't accidentally hit "buy" again (because after entering the wallet pin now, I don't seem to get a second confirmation for which method of payment I want to use). Is there somewhere in the store settings or phone settings I'm able to edit the payment information etc as the only option I'm seeing right now is setting up a wallet pin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the thing that confuses me. I've never used ANY payment on my phone before in any app or anywhere. I'm honestly curious how it got my info without me telling it...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you've ever used any Microsoft account for purchases in the past, it could have gotten payment information that way. My Microsoft account still has information from an old GPS unit that I had (actually, still have) for their MSN service that sent traffic and other info to the GPS through FM, which they discontinued, that I'd bought a lifetime subscription to back in 2008. The credit card info is still listed, and though that card is expired long ago, because of some bug, I can't delete it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I cant think of any xbox purchases etc. that I ever used paypal for. With xbox purchases im usually renewing a xbox live sub using a voucher code, not paypal.
I guess the thing that concerns me most is that the paypal isn't linked to the ms account and I cant find anywhere I could edit this info.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay I contacted nokia who were very helpful and directed me to check my account at windowsphone.com... and right there in Account Settings and Edit Billing Information is my paypal details. I can't remember ever paying with paypal through my MSAccount ever but it at least explains how my details just worked on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss