Ringtone Audio Glitch When Answering Calls.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this a WP8 thing, HTC 8x thing, HTC 8x on Verizon thing, or just my own isolated issue. When the phone rings (any ringtone, custom or onboard) and I answer, when the ringtone stops and the audio switches to the call, it sounds like what i can only descibe as a skipping record. Anyone else getting that?

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I would question the "skipping record" part, but there is definitely something weird.
It should just stop the ringtone, but it's like it's trying to do some kind of a transition and it fails, miserably.
I also have a Verizon 8X.
JJ

puzzled jules

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I too have the same problem with my HTC 8x, sent it back to my phone provider, should receive it back tomorrow, so lets see if they have fixed it. OP...did you get your's fixed?

puzzled jules

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I will do, my phone is on THREE network (I'm in the UK) so most certainly not a provider issue, if it comes back fixed great if not I may be popping round to my local THREE shop for a replacement or just put up with it, as the sound is fine on everything else, it is most weird as it didn't do it when I first got the phone 2 months ago. Do you sometimes get an echo of your own voice when on a call, mainly when you answer a call?

BTW. I do have a recording of the issue if you want to hear it to see if it is the same issue as yours.

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/65598507/file.html

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to make a thread about this lol and it told me one already existed(thanks WPCENTRAL)

it isn't a carrier thing as it happens with my lumia 920 on At&t and now T-mobile.
It's kind of annoying but it isn't too bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism