Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Title
    Very frequently for sending pics and files and sharing apps with my brother's and work colleagues' Lumia 920s! Love it!

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Very frequently for sending pics and files and sharing apps with my brother's and work colleagues' Lumia 920s! Love it!
    Do you turn on your NFC settings all the time, or just when you need it?

I haven't used it yet, but I've still got it enabled because my battery lasts all day anyway :)

I use it only here and there. Not many devices have NFC yet, so it's hard to use it with regularity.

I keep Tap+Share turned off to conserve battery. I keep the Settings tile pinned to my Start screen so I can easily flip it on when the need arises.

has anyone tried use nfc to pay for items in the supermarker etc?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    This is something I am looking forward to trying to be perfectly honest. My next phone will bring two firsts for me. First phone with more than a single core and first phone with NFC.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdd07 View Post
    Nope, not in my country.

The thing is that...Qualcomm Announces Ultra-Low Power NFC Chips For Mobile Devices

http://wmpoweruser.com/qualcomm-announces-ultra-low-power-nfc-chips-for-mobile-devices/

So I thought, is it worth waiting for this, or just ask around whether the NFC drains a lot of the battery.

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    Never. Turned it off and haven't turned it back on since. Didn't use it on my Android phones either. Have never seen ANYONE use NFC, to be honest with you.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I use it to transfer files to and from my phone and tablet. Usually Skydrive works well for that to but I've used a it a few times and seems to work fine
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Don't use it at all. Waiting for ISIS from Verizon so I can use it at stores and stuff.. I think that will be pretty cool. Eventually if I get a set of those NFC speakers I would use it for that obviously.

I use it to "transfer" apps to my wife's phone, so we don't have to dig through a list of 700 "timer" apps to find the same one on her phone that I already installed. I originally thought it would be useless but have used it several times.

-E

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I tried sending a photo from my Galaxy Nexus to my girlfriends Galaxy S3 through NFC and that didn't work. That was the only time I ever tried NFC because I really don't see any use for it in my life. So naturally I haven't tried it on my Nokia :)

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdd07 View Post
    How do you do this? I know the shop needs an NFC pad but I assume the Wallet app on the phone is the key, but I can't see anyway of adding money into the wallet. My card and paypal are added in the wallet, but they both say for app payments.

Anyone know?

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Never. I'd hope that changes when they finally get payment systems up and running... we'll see.