- 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM #1
I'm hoping someone can provide us with a detailed explanation of how Windows Phone 8 handles updates. Right now, I'm getting different information stating that MS has full control, that carriers have full control, there are multiple levels of updates, etc. If you know how it works, or have a valid source, please post here so I, and others, can understand how updates work.
12-06-2012, 04:10 PM #6
- 557 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I always thought the WP updates would come through MS, and the Nokia-specific updates (apps) would come through Nokia. IE if there is a new WP version, Nokia would roll out their app updates (if needed) to match the current version at the same time.
- 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM #7
I assumed something similar, but there is so much varying information out there that I don't know what to believe. I wish Microsoft provided a detail explanation of system updates.
- By radioage54 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2012, 10:35 PM
- By jmarnell in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 12Last Post: 11-27-2012, 05:50 PM
- By SPR1NGzje in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 05-14-2012, 08:08 PM
- By MobileSugar in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 09-12-2011, 07:00 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 09-02-2011, 12:26 PM