- 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM #1
Two questions here: 1) How do I get auto correct to actually automatically correct? I was using an iPhone 4 before with the highest level auto correct. Right now I have it enabled but all it does is give me options to correct below the word. I still have to select them for it to change, which slows my texting. Is there a way for it to automatically correct words?
2) What's a way to sync music albums? Right now the Windows Phone Desktop App just has playlist and artist view. I have a lot of compilation albums/various artist albums. Which means right now, I need to find each artist and sync that one song over. Before on iTunes I manually managed my music and did almost everything at the album level. I hear one solution is to use the Windows Media Player app? Any other ways?
Thanks for the help!
- 12-06-2012, 06:48 PM #2
1. It will auto correct it if you misspell it, just keep going and don't hit the words that pop up, when you hit the space key it will change it.
2. The desktop app is kind of a mess that way, you can sync albums BACK to the PC but not the other way around. Use the 'browse files' option to drag and drop the album from your PC to the phone/music folder.
- 12-06-2012, 08:37 PM #4
When you first plug the phone in, you should get a screen that has the 'browse files' function available - what OS are you using? If not, just open a file explorer, should be listed right next to your drive listing as 'phone' or the name of your phone.
No idea on a stronger auto correct.
12-06-2012, 10:33 PM #5
- 304 Posts
There is no way to change it. I can't stand iOS autocorrect myself, so if that is what you prefer then you won't find it on WP. However, it won't let you spell anything wrong unless it's one of those common hip misspellings like u or r or ur or whatev. Or if it has no idea what you are trying to type, jdjdncjdpsjdbsiwo, no suggestion there.
On the bright side I have found the WP autocorrect to be less intrusive, easier to avoid (just tap the cursor to prevent autocorrect of the word you are typing), and better with proper and modern nouns. And WP8 seems to have improved the next word suggestions from WP7. Now I can type whole messages by typing part of the first word then picking from the suggestions for that word and every word after. Blows my mind... Inception???
- By Guitarpik in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
- By S Jackson in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 24Last Post: 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM
- By fantom555 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM
- By Sam Wilderspin in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM
- By Rickosw in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2012, 07:52 AM