I have a LOT of podcasts that I listen to. I was having fairly good luck for a time with the Windows Phone Desktop application pulling my podcasts from iTunes when mysteriously it started hard crashing during sync. The file was always at a podcast I had finished listening to. I manually removed it from the phone and deleted it from my iTunes directory. File is gone right off my computer. Still crashing saying it's trying to sync a file that's not even there any more. I tried adding it back, I tried manually adding it to the phone, I tried reinstalling the software. It's not even syncing the podcasts properly when I "subscribe" on the phone, that doesn't even appear to do anything! I have to say, I'm starting to get frustrated, I have loved the phone experience except for this but syncing music and podcasts is a pretty basic function on a modern smart phone. If it can't do this that's pretty scary! Anyone have any suggestions? (For the record it was an episode of The Indoor Kids causing the crash but I don't know if that matters the fact the application is trying to sync a file that's not even on my computer is pretty messed up!)
    12-06-2012 10:08 PM
    I was having something similar happen to me except with a photo - every time I got to that photo it would crash. So I deleted the photo and it magically returned in the next sync attempt. I had to completely turn off photo sync and just live without it. Maybe there is a way to fix it properly but after several attempts I just gave up and decided to live without photos for a while.
    12-06-2012 10:18 PM
    I was having something similar happen to me except with a photo - every time I got to that photo it would crash. So I deleted the photo and it magically returned in the next sync attempt. I had to completely turn off photo sync and just live without it. Maybe there is a way to fix it properly but after several attempts I just gave up and decided to live without photos for a while.
    Too bad disabling podcasts doesn't work. Even when I disable podcasts all together it still tries to sync the file even if it's deleted from my hard drive. It's a pathetic joke, I mean I love this phone but I have no way to control the contents of it easily. Microsoft really need to get their act together.
    12-07-2012 10:10 PM
    I have the same problem. Initially the app crashed trying to sync an episode of the video podcast "Best of Youtube" via iTunes. I have since deleted the podcast from iTines as well as my hard drive, un-installed and re-installed the Windows Phone Desktop app, tried to sync everything but podcasts but nothing works. The application still crashes every single time I sync, no matter what I try to sync. If I try to sync podcasts it crashes trying to sync that missing Best of youtube file. If I try syncing Music, photos or video it randomly crashes over any other file.

It's a big dissapointment this new sync setup. I really hope MS sorts this out soon. I'm starting to miss my Windows Phone 7.5 device.
    Matthew Ardill likes this.
    12-11-2012 09:36 AM