Well, now I regret my purchase. Please help me fix these issues?

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
That really sucks. I never experienced Zune/WP7 because I came from an iPhone. I was never a fan of iTunes but at least I knew when I synced music to my phone all the album art would be there and every song would be in the right place. I really hope Microsoft fixes these issues because they are making a lot of people mad.

It was pretty sweet. I had a Zune device and 3(!) WP7 devices and every single one had flawless syncing (album art, rating, etc.). And the beauty was my music collection was in sync across multiple devices (and the podcast progress too!). Pictures, videos, etc. It was awesome.

Apparently one of the most requested features in WP7 was the ability to drag and drop files aka USB mass storage mode. Ostensibly that capability is not compatible with the Zune software as it was, so rather than figure out some way to port the Zune features to a USB mass storage-compatible Xbox Music software, they decided to give a big middle finger to everyone who listens music on their phone (which, AFAIK, is just about everyone). It's horrible, it's awful, I don't see it improving for several months, and it's the single biggest reason why I tell everyone I know considering WP8 NOT to switch. There's no point in pissing off a bunch of people.

-R

wfsm1th

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I recommend Music Bee. It has great tools for organizing (retagging, renaming) your collection and also syncs via MTP with your windows phone.

Its not perfect. Im having issues with the artists list being empty (but album list is fine). Otherwise, its a gem and I love it.

siulaymama

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I use music bee to manage and sync my MP3 (including playlist) to my 920.. works perfectly. It support auto playlist, most of Winamp plugin, fast and is completely free. Only minor annoyance is I must turn on and plug in the phone b4 I start MusicBee.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just use the Zune desktop app on my PC. Luckily I kept the install files so I could install it when I did my Windows 8 upgrade.

I agree the Xbox Music apps and sync are horrible. I'm very disappointed in MS for this mess.

But iTunes is also horrible and I strongly recommend you ditch it if MS fixes Xbox Music soon.

Zune has been one of if not the most effect programs I have ever used. Organizing and syncing music with it is amazing. So I'm using it as much as I can. Long live Zune!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe we'll see this get fixed now that Sinofsky is gone, supposedly he did not work well with other departments within Microsoft and was one of the reasons their ecosystem isn't as tight as it should be. This is an uneducated opinion, take it for what it's worth.

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thought I would just add my voice to this thread also.

It is 2014 (two years after this thread was created) and I am still having issues with duplicate albums. Xbox Music likes to split apart my deluxe albums and scatters songs despite everything being perfect in the Xbox Music app on my Surface... quite a shame.

Thinking of moving back to Spotify. Sure the interface is not as nice, but at least it worked well for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss