One handed typing: Word Flow vs Swype

williamlololol

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I much prefer word flow that swype. Swype predictions are actually pretty bad especially when you're trying to type fast and you go spastic on the keyboard. Where as you can't really go nuts on word flow... it's just pressing a letter/word

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I kinda like swipe, too.
But I would go for word flow.
To my mind this is way faster and you don't have to rub your finger all over the phone.

But he's this is just something very personal.

+1 for great wordflow

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow I haven't actually seen word flow in action except the rather slow official video. Could someone upload or show me a video of using word flow so I can see for myself how fast it works. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait so WP8 now supports 3rd party keyboard apps now?

Word flow is just the name of the feature or whatever where words come up above the keyboard based on what the system thinks you're most likely to want to type next. The idea is nothing extra ordinary but apparently the accuracy is better than other keyboards or at least that's what I think the claim is.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Here is the issue I have with swipe. I don't have the qwerty layout memorized. Sometimes its hard to find the next letter under my finger.

That said the Word Flow keyboard in WP8 is the best on screen typing experience I have had. I am a big time physical keyboard guy always have been unit WP7 and my first experiences with that keyboard. Windows Phone keyboards are the best keyboard of all the OS's.

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
One handed: Swype
Two handed: Word Flow

One thing I wish MS did is come up with their own Swype option for the default keyboard. Choice is always nice.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
fusioncept: well, Nokia has had Swype since what... Symbian60v5? And apparently they have the possibility to do some "nokia only" changes to the OS, perhaps we get Swype sometime.

Personally Id never onehanded type on my 920, unless I got a keyboard that purely is in the lower right hand (optionally left hand) corner of the screen for use with my thumb, so its an irrelevant question.

BUT past experience: Word flow. Swiftkey X on my SGS2 and SGS3 was vastly superior to any installation of Swype on any handset Ive had. And I loved Swype until I got my SGS2 and got Swiftkey X on it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So the question now is : WP keyboard >>> Swiftkey X ??

I haven't used Swiftkey X ever. Use Swype on my droid, uninstalled in less than 48 hours!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is it because of the predictive text?
I am so surprised with the new WP8 keyboard. It is learning pretty quick e.g. now if I type a certain word, it's first suggestion on the left is the word I will generally follow up by. Even I've noticed to an extent that for certain contacts it knows what I write to them after a certain word!

If I type a text to one of my cousins: Hey, y.. (My suggestion is you) after I hit space and write "c" (My suggestion is coming) - because it somehow has learnt that I often ask him "Hey, you coming for footy this evening?"

I wonder if others let microsoft do the suggestions based on bing. You can set that in your settings for search, location and song recommendations based on your usage.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Its because I can just mash anywhere NEAR the letter I want to write, real fast over the keyboard, and it will analyze the general areas I mashed and think "okay, out of all possible words this buffoon could have been attempting to go for, I found three that makes sense to use in the context of this text, and its most likely this one he aims for, so Ill suggest that plus the other two".

And I just mash space and go on mashing and eventually the text is over and I look like god damn Hawthorne when I see its all correct and totally understandable.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Its strange that windows phone doesn't see, like its ever going to get swype since it windows mobile where swype first started off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)