Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By socialcarpet

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    8x is my first touch screen keyboard phone (been using blackberry for 4 years) & i type faster on the 8x than my 9900.

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliandren View Post
    8x is my first touch screen keyboard phone (been using blackberry for 4 years) & i type faster on the 8x than my 9900.
    Could you give me some tips? How was the transition? I tried out an 8X in store and it wasn't correcting even basic mistakes even though autocorrect was turned on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    It's extremely responsive, and the autocorrect seems to work better than most. Of course you dont get the tactile feedback, but you could physically move your fingers that fast and the keyboard could keep up easily (ive had android keyboards slow down when i typed too fast sometimes).
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Theoretically yes, I think it's responsive enough that you could do that. It's just a question of whether or not anyone would be able to tap that fast and accurately without the tactile sensation of a physical keyboard. I say no, they can't.
    tumaykilinc likes this.

You can with a well calibrated Swiftkey X. Ergo, with a well calibrated WP8 keyboard you could as well.

Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Daymn, that's faster than most people even write on PC keyboards lol.
    definitely faster than that
    it also have that other text thing...I think its called preemptive text or something...suppose to learn what you type on the web, messages, wherever on the phone you type...so it could have been adding in those...(from other people)

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Used a Nokia E63 in the past (QWERTY phone), typing speed was comparable to the video's. Ever since I started using touchscreen phones, I've been slowed down a LOT. My thumbs are pretty small, but WP's auto correction doesn't really work as desired..