05-25-2013 04:34 AM
- Perfect OS? Nope. Perfect hardware? Nope. Glad I have a WP8 device. Yep.
The reason being is it is just darn cool. Different and something that will be big over time.
I still use iOS because I need Square Up and I'm a mod for TwoSpoke.com and we've got an app so it helps me stay on top of my Fitness Forum duties. That's where I'm cheating you Big D5!
While dated, iOS is still good. But, WP is new and exciting and has pretty cool things on the horizon.
So with that said, why do you WP?
For me, one of the biggest draws is the live tiles I have of my wife and daughter on the home screen. It's like I get to hang out with them all day! Plus, the 920 camera has been awesome at capturing picks of the Wee Little Human.
What are your reasons? Lets get some positive mojo up in here and spread some WP love. Whether you 8x, OG Focus, Trophy (remember that one?), Surround or Lumia, share some good vibes about why you like your phone!
And yes, this is on my iPhone because my Lumia is feeding while it naps on the wireless charger!12-08-2012 11:27 PMLike 3
- Because I'm so used to using Windows I want to have everything surrounded by Windows. Just like those with iPhones usually have a Macbook and a iMac, iPod,iPad. I want to have my Windows laptop with my windows phone with my windows tablet. Everything works so seamless. Especially now that it connects with my Xbox.12-09-2012 02:30 AM
- Wee Little Human
Why I like WP8?
- The way facebook/skydrive/etc works with my Gallery, letting me have access to view all my pictures on my device
- PhotoBeamer, letting me show said pictures with anyone almost anywhere
- The way fb/etc works with the Me-tile, keeping me up to date
- The way the FB chat works with the OS (some have issues with this, i havent seen it myself though so Ill put this in here as a positive)
- The way the homescreen and UI works in general; it feels coherent, not patchy like Android or industrially boring like iOS. Its really fast and responsive.
- The very fact that my white Lumia 920 is probably the most stunning smartphone to date, aestethically, does add a bunch.
- The display of the 920 is also a HUGE pull for me. And the fact that its not AMOLED, which adds a bunch to my WP experience due to white theme now being a real option.
- Wireless charging. Ridicolously smooth.
Im sure theres more, but thats what I got so far :P .12-09-2012 05:10 AM
- WP embodies one of my favourite design criteria - Simple, but elegant. Information is front and center, and does not need to be dressed up in faux leather or wood. WP is original and is not trying to be like something else (wink Android). To that degree it is in-charge of its own future.12-09-2012 05:12 AM
- The UI is the biggest attraction for me. I've tried everything else out there and the typical field of icons thing just didn't do anything to inspire me. I'm a big fan of Mac OS X, but I've never had an iPhone because it just didn't excite me. I tried Android and found the huge variations between styles in the apps and even in the OS itself disconcerting.
Windows Phone just kind of "spoke" to me the very first time I used it. The live tile interface just seemed much more intuitive than anything else I'd seen on another phone. I am also attracted by the simplicity and minimalism, the minimum number of steps to just about any process.
Everything else is secondary to the UI for me.12-09-2012 09:18 AM
- I've been using an iPhone for 4 years and absolutely loved it. Then all of a sudden it began getting boring for me. iOS 6 brought too few changes, and the iPhone 5, although being a beautiful handset, is not that different to the 4/4s. Since I have an inherent and unexplainable dislike of Android, I decided to look into WP, and was immediately smitten.
I love the fresh looking UI and the live tiles. Functionality it's still a some way behind iOS, apps wise it's light years behind, buy I love having something new, something that very few people have. I could wait a year and let the WP grow and develop, but I love the idea of growing together, of getting excited by each update that comes out.12-09-2012 10:10 AM
- I decided to get a WP because I was bored with iOS and Android; IMHO, Apple has ceased innovating their mobile OS ("...and in this version, the Settings screen has a steel gray background!"), and Google is trying to get Android to put EVERYTHING in their mobile OS ("...and in this version, the front-facing camera has eye-blink-morse-code recognition!"). WP is fresh and new and innovative and different. When my upgrade was up, I started looking at the Lumia 900 but decided to wait the 2 months for WP8 and the Lumia 920/820. I'm glad I did.
I love WP8 because it's gorgeous, sleek, fast, and doesn't hold to the same old smartphone tropes that do iOS and Android; it dares to do things differently. And it does everything I need. Sure, it's got some issues, but those issues don't affect me. I like the way it works. :)12-09-2012 10:50 AM
- 05-23-2013 04:15 PM
- As my wife tells me, I just want an all Windows ecosystem across my laptop, tablet (hybrid), phone and Xbox 360 and soon to be Xbox One. I loaded Windows 8 on my new tablet and have never looked back. I envied the Apple ecosystem others enjoyed and loved it with my Google ecosystem, but now being a business owner, I want all Windows.05-23-2013 05:15 PM
Why do I like WP. It is SO MUCH MORE STABLE AND RESPONSIVE than android was for me. I like having first party solutions to access my 2011 Windows Home Server. The Live Tiles are decent.
It needs work, but it's mine and I will keep it.05-23-2013 05:26 PM
- As my wife tells me, I just want an all Windows ecosystem across my laptop, tablet (hybrid), phone and Xbox 360 and soon to be Xbox One. I loaded Windows 8 on my new tablet and have never looked back. I envied the Apple ecosystem others enjoyed and loved it with my Google ecosystem, but now being a business owner, I want all Windows.05-23-2013 05:29 PM
I've not yet put up my "Moe Sizlack" picture in the "What do we look like" thread, but I will at some point....05-23-2013 05:41 PM
- WP8 is good at going basic tasks better and Apps are nice , I honestly don't miss any except Pulse.
I love those animations so much because its better to watch animations gliding over the screen than seeing a blank screen while loading something.It also makes me feel that my device "Fast and Fluid".
WP runs stock apps so well and they are insanely fast (except music+videos app) , I have 5000 photos and loading them is instant (It has zero delay , heck even galaxy S4 or iPhone 5 takes 3-4 seconds loading screen to load photos app , but surprisingly music player is slow and HD videos takes a small pause when scrubbed).
Yes WP8 has annoying issues like other storage.
For Games also , WP8 doesn't stand a chance against iOS or Android but I have an iPad (and I play simple games).
Battery Life is bad.
Auto Focus is Something need to be fixed in camera.
Overall , I am waiting for an update for a better "stable" release.05-24-2013 06:05 PM
- It was the missing piece that was able to tie my work and home together. Everything works between the devices and machines so well. Now I just need to get my hands on a great Win8 tablet and I will be all set. I know how the apple guys feel now with a complete ecosystem. I never have had that with my Iphone, or android device.05-25-2013 12:07 AM
- montsa007Ambassador-Stability, matters a lot as you don't want a 'crashed' message every few minutes
-Ease of use
-Integration, facebook is integrated within the contact itself
-Security, so far didn't encounter any virus :p
-Battery backup is good as apps don't run in the background, instead they sit and meditate
-Home screen is extremely easy and informative
-720 is 1 sexy chick you cannot afford to miss :D
-Maps (exclusive to nokia) is great and works effortlessly
Well there are a lot of other reasons but I feel these should suffice.05-25-2013 04:34 AM
- By Mokonoko in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 49Last Post: 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 5Last Post: 04-25-2012, 12:52 AM
- By KarateDad in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM
- By DontHate707 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:20 AM
- By dtaylor77 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD