What Happened To Local Scouth

niravc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So I did a restart on my lumia 920 since it was acting up, and I just noticed this now that local scout is missing from my app list- anyone else missing their app? Its not downloadable in the marketplace so yeah wondering whats up.

Thanks

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So I did a restart on my lumia 920 since it was acting up, and I just noticed this now that local scout is missing from my app list- anyone else missing their app? Its not downloadable in the marketplace so yeah wondering whats up.

Thanks
Go to settings, swipe to the right to see applications, go to search, toggle use my location. Now go to Bing home page by pressing the search button. You should see Local scout, Music, the barcode scanner.Hit local scout then the three dots and pin to start. Done:wink:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, swipe to the right to see applications, go to search, toggle use my location. Now go to Bing home page by pressing the search button. You should see Local scout, Music, the barcode scanner.Hit local scout then the three dots and pin to start. Done:wink:

The barcode scanner is Bing Vision.

charleswilliamlee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, its competently missing on my HTC 8X in BC, Canada. I used to have it on my HD7 but now its gone. I've seen videos of people swiping over on the Bing screen but this functionality is completely missing from my phone. Is this a regional thing? Is anyone else experiencing this?

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Actually, its competently missing on my HTC 8X in BC, Canada. I used to have it on my HD7 but now its gone. I've seen videos of people swiping over on the Bing screen but this functionality is completely missing from my phone. Is this a regional thing? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Change the browser language from Canada (English) to United States (English). Good news, you get Local Scout. Bad news, your maps will be imperial if you're using the MS built in ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro