Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I did a restart on my lumia 920 since it was acting up, and I just noticed this now that local scout is missing from my app list- anyone else missing their app? Its not downloadable in the marketplace so yeah wondering whats up.

Thanks

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    It's now in Bing search.
    Quote Originally Posted by niravc View Post
    So I did a restart on my lumia 920 since it was acting up, and I just noticed this now that local scout is missing from my app list- anyone else missing their app? Its not downloadable in the marketplace so yeah wondering whats up.

Thanks
    Go to settings, swipe to the right to see applications, go to search, toggle use my location. Now go to Bing home page by pressing the search button. You should see Local scout, Music, the barcode scanner.Hit local scout then the three dots and pin to start. Done
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez View Post
    Go to settings, swipe to the right to see applications, go to search, toggle use my location. Now go to Bing home page by pressing the search button. You should see Local scout, Music, the barcode scanner.Hit local scout then the three dots and pin to start. Done
    The barcode scanner is Bing Vision.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDuck View Post
    It's now in Bing search.
    its always been there
    Actually, its competently missing on my HTC 8X in BC, Canada. I used to have it on my HD7 but now its gone. I've seen videos of people swiping over on the Bing screen but this functionality is completely missing from my phone. Is this a regional thing? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charleswilliamlee View Post
    Actually, its competently missing on my HTC 8X in BC, Canada. I used to have it on my HD7 but now its gone. I've seen videos of people swiping over on the Bing screen but this functionality is completely missing from my phone. Is this a regional thing? Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Change the browser language from Canada (English) to United States (English). Good news, you get Local Scout. Bad news, your maps will be imperial if you're using the MS built in ones.