WP8's Music+Video Tile

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So it seems like the majority of us want the Music tile to stay live even when music is paused or stopped. We need to let Microsoft know this so please take action and add your votes on this suggestion I found on the WP suggestion site.

Music+Video tile should show an image/scrolling artist name when music isn't playing

Given it 3 votes. Guess there is one advantage of 7.8... it will retain the 7.5 way of music as it's not being rebranded as Xbox Music but is instead staying as Zune.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind the blank non-live tile as much if it was the Zune logo instead of the ugly green Xbox&headphones logo.

Regarding lock screen, it works for me when music is playing. The default setting was to not show it, I had to select the option to show artist on lock screen with music.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep. That was one of the first things I noticed. I used to love the constant live tile on the music and video tile. It just adds style and pizzazz to your start screen.

cenzicht

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
In the music playing mode, there is a "heart" icon, I've tried to tap it for marking favorite song, but where to review the song(s) which I "heart" them?

Thanks
Sent from my RM-821_apac_hong_kong_234 using Board Express

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I went over and voted for this same thing. I can't believe they have the best looking tile go to green when there is no music playing. Maybe there's a regkey (although no one can manipulate it currently for our phones) in which they can add an option for it to be toggled on or off.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
The new Music+Video live tile in WP8 is BREATHTAKING....only when you're playing a song....

Which is very dissapointing. When the tile is live(when you're playing music) it is just stunning, and simply because of that, I made it a double wide tile. But the moment you pause or stop the music, the beautiful live tile vanishes. And then the double wide music tile is an ugly green which I then want to shrink to a mini tile....

I really hope Microsoft fixes this. Even on WP7, the Music tile is always live.

Is anyone else extemely bothered by this?

I just got the Lumia 1020, my first official WP8 after the 900, and I am shocked that this is actually how the tile is meant to work, I though it was a bug when the tile kept reverting to the ugly green thing.
I want to see the last thing I played at all times on the tile, I hope Microsoft fixes this ASAP because it is really bugging me.

side note: And don't even get me started on the 'sync' app, what a downgrade from Zune, just decided to use the Windows Explorer to move stuff instead.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The green tile is the only reason I no longer have it pinned double wide and higher up on my start screen. Looked way more dynamic and appealing before.

Also agree with that sync app. Not a fan of it at all.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Other annoying things I noticed:
Lock screen pic is covered by grey control panel instead of it being an overlay on the album art, yeah sure it was less visible on WP7 but it looked a lot better.

Also Album art (the one used as background or for live tile) not downloading even when on wifi for certain artists. As for the actual 'cd' art displayed in the app I got that in the files themselves using MP3tag a great application for editing song data, so at least that works.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
In addition to the tile, the previous zune now playing screen would be cool as lockscreen. If Nokia can do a glance feature on Lumias, then it should be possible to implement this

(already seen as a tile; now playing screen in Zune; available as an app "Artist Info" under screensaver but it does not run in background)

or this

(the one with colored shapes expanding; can be seen in now playing screen on Xbox Music in Windows 8 and Xbox 360)

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Other annoying things I noticed:
Lock screen pic is covered by grey control panel instead of it being an overlay on the album art, yeah sure it was less visible on WP7 but it looked a lot better.

I kind of understand why they went with that though, since if you have an app that uses that space, it's going to get in the way. But I agree the way it looked in WP7 looked more elegant. Maybe if there was an option for the music player to use that space would have been good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3