Bluetooth phone quality - Static

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I posted this originally in the HTC 8x forum:

My truck has bluetooth built in for music streaming and phone calls. When I connect my phone to my truck, the person I am talking to hears allot of noise/interference. On my end I don't hear any interference, the call sounds clear. This just stated when I switch to my new 8x phone. When I had my Samsung Charge, there was never an issue with sound quality. Same with my Droid 2. The sound quality was good on both ends. I don't understand how changing phones would have any bearing on this since the I am actually using the trucks built in speaker and mic.

When I stream music using my bluetooth, I don't have any issue's either.

I did UN-pair the phone then paired the phone again but still had the issue. I exchanged the phone with a new one, same thing.

Any ideas?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, no ideas. My car has BT for hands free but not streaming (I wish it did streaming). When I got my Lumia 822 (coming from a Trophy), my wife said the new phone sounded a LOT better from her end (hearing me call her). On my end, it sounds the same (just fine).

trifelife

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Izicc,

I have an HTC 8X as well and I have serious call quality issues. People often complain that I sound so bad that continuing the conversation is tough. I have a BMW and previous was using a Blackberry 9900. Call quality was create using the integrated car Bluetooth until I got this Windows Phone. I don't know if it is the software or the hardware but I'm on the road frequently and can't manage like this so I might have to switch back which sucks!

trifelife

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The issue is definitely software. When I turn my phone on and off the Bluetooth call quality issues go away for a short time. I have to do this almost every day.

Microsoft better get their sh_t together real soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05