12-10-2012, 09:24 AM #1
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hi I need to repair my Nokia 920. The repair center request my password.
I have all my email accounts, text, etc. on this phone and a lot of stuff. I don't want to delete all my private files. Any chance to make a full backup and restore under WP8?
- 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM #2
Yeah theres a backup function on WP8 in Settings, if ticked it updates continously.
Then just hard reset the device so its totally cleared.
You still have to set up your homescreen though, but texts etc should all return once you start your device again after repair.
Pictures and video you can just drag/drop to a PC using the USBcable, or sync to Skydrive.
Last edited by Slai; 12-10-2012 at 10:11 AM.
- 12-10-2012, 10:16 AM #8
Well, apps technically should download themselves (at least mine did). Not all, though, its weird like that.
Fair point about game data and preferences.
But thats merely time, not a big deal like losing all your photos and conversations :) . Though I agree its ridicolous and should be fully up-backable :P .
- By yodies in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 12-05-2012, 01:43 AM
- By unstoppablekem in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-16-2012, 10:43 AM
- By KarateDad in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
- By gtbuzz in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 15Last Post: 04-11-2012, 10:00 AM
- By mart280 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 26Last Post: 10-17-2011, 01:09 PM