Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iPwnza View Post
    I'm very famous on it, only reason I still use it!
    No, my username is SilentSwords. I'm generally more popular with some of the older ROBLOX players because i'm a clan leader.
    ROBLOX.com
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Humph... Interesting. The version for the X6 reports as Webkit...
    That is very strange indeed, but also very interesting. A lot could be read into such a switch. Anything to avoid being counted as yet another webkit browser on the mobile web perhaps? That is certainly also in Nokia's interest.

I tested this on my Lumia 800 with WP7.5, not WP8, just to be clear.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    IE10 is fast as light for me, no problems so far.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I like it but it seems a bit choppy doesn't it? When loading sites especially and sometimes when scrolling, some kind of checkerboard appears or flickers.
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90
    It's because the developers of the site are coding it with webkit in mind. IE 9 and 10 are perfectly standards compliant and desktop sites run flawlessly, so try the full site until they fix the mobile site for WP.

Why do you blame the browser when the problem is obviously the webpage itself...
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAdrian23 View Post
    Why do you blame the browser when the problem is obviously the webpage itself...
    Because it would be far easier for Microsoft to just make a WebKit compliant browser, or allow/encourage the development of one for Windows Phone than it will be to try and convince every web developer to make their SD sites recognize Windows phone and work correctly with its Trident browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Because it would be far easier for Microsoft to just make a WebKit compliant browser, or allow/encourage the development of one for Windows Phone than it will be to try and convince every web developer to make their SD sites recognize Windows phone and work correctly with its Trident browser.
    Yes, just as it would have been easier for Lincoln to surrender than fight the American civil war. Sometimes it is worth sticking up for principles, even if not everyone understands or agrees with them.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a5cent View Post
    That is very strange indeed, but also very interesting. A lot could be read into such a switch. Anything to avoid being counted as yet another webkit browser on the mobile web perhaps? That is certainly also in Nokia's interest.

I tested this on my Lumia 800 with WP7.5, not WP8, just to be clear.
    Are we testing the same thing? I'm looking at the user agent for the Symbian Nokia X browser.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    That would also open up Microsoft ecosystems to all the vulnerabilities in webkit browsers, including the exploit that allows a remote exploit to gain full system-level access to the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Are we testing the same thing? I'm looking at the user agent for the Symbian Nokia X browser.
    I think we are.

I am testing the Nokia Xpress for Lumia (beta) browser on my Lumia 800, WP7.5. I type in the URL www.useragentstring.com and this is what it reports:

Mozilla/5.0 (Series40; Nokia311/05.60; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1) Gecko/20100401 S40OviBrowser/1.8.0.50.5
    And one more thing, hopefully for the last time... Microsoft doesn't need to convince anyone to explicitly recognize Windows Phone or the Trident browser. Websites need only be standards compliant. That isn't too much to ask, and it is the right thing to do.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I will have to c-n-p the string from the Symbian browser when I next fire up my X6.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12