Does WP have a good epub reader other than Bookviser?

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Freda comes highly recommended by many users on here. I used it extensively until i got my kindle.

The dev is highly active and responsive and I hear a wp8 version is in the works :)

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Freda is my favourite.

Raccoon ain't bad too, but it has a limitation of the no. of books you can have offline.

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Bookviser, wanted to try Nokia Reading but I get constant skydrive errors with almost every app that uses it.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I use READU and love it!

You can change all the settings you want (background color, fonttype and size, display brightness and so on), enable/disable screen rotation, download epubs from skydrive, dropbox and so on...

i don't really remeber the looks of Freda, but i tried both (Freda and READU) and kept Readu after some testing...so I guess I thought Readu was better at that time.

Hope I could help

edit: here is the link: READU | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I used Freda and READU and went for Freda because READU did not work for the formatting of my ebook. I think it's easiest to try out both and see which one works and looks better. There is an wp8 version of Freda in the works by the way.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I too wanted to know if there is any good app. Can the Kindle read my personal books if I mail them to myself? It would be .mobi I am assuming.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh nice. And im assuming it is free and will work on 8S)( if and when I buy it)?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

There are 2 versions. I typically pay for all of these apps to support the developer, but my girlfriend uses the free one without any issues, it just has ads before getting into the book, nothing intrusive.

Jim Chapman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I too wanted to know if there is any good app. Can the Kindle read my personal books if I mail them to myself? It would be .mobi I am assuming.
Emailing books to your Kindle reader is a feature that works on the Kindle hardware bookreaders, but it's not supported on the software reader on Windows Phone. To read your own books on Freda (or any other EPUB-compatible reader) you would need to convert them from Amazon's format (roughly speaking .MOBI, though it might really be .AZW), you would need to convert them to EPUB format. The Calibre program is a good way to do that (but you need to run it on a PC/Mac/Linux machine; it doesn't work on a phone)

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Emailing books to your Kindle reader is a feature that works on the Kindle hardware bookreaders, but it's not supported on the software reader on Windows Phone. To read your own books on Freda (or any other EPUB-compatible reader) you would need to convert them from Amazon's format (roughly speaking .MOBI, though it might really be .AZW), you would need to convert them to EPUB format. The Calibre program is a good way to do that (but you need to run it on a PC/Mac/Linux machine; it doesn't work on a phone)

Thanks...I have Caliber at home. Just wondering if Nook is available? There is even a Sony Bookreader for Android. But is pretty bad TBH...
Nook is nice. Actually I'm buying an iPad Mini for reading...so wont b reading on 8S much...websites & forums a lot though...I just realized this is a wrong thread to talk about all this..so I will shut up.. :p

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz