Is there any possible way to make text smaller?

aelesiaa

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty annoyed by how Microsoft enjoys wasting screen space by having ridiculously huge bars all over the place. Not only that, it has ridiculously huge text all over the place. Part of the reason why I wanted a bigger phone was to enjoy having more screen space, yet compared to my iPhone 4 I'm barely able to see much more. When surfing Facebook or when texting someone, my iPhone 4 is actually able to display more lines of text over my Lumia 920 due to the ridiculously large text size.

Does anyone know if there's any way to reduce the size?

TryllZ

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Having tested myself, I can confirm that WP8 has the ability to reduce text size, all ove the phone, variable setings are avilable, I just dont remember right now, where the settings are but I have personally tried them.

May Be you can search them.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
If you go into Settings>Ease of Access you should find a setting for text size. It may not be on all Windows Phones though... can't remember if this kicked in with 7.5 or 8 devices.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Having tested myself, I can confirm that WP8 has the ability to reduce text size, all ove the phone, variable setings are avilable, I just dont remember right now, where the settings are but I have personally tried them.

May Be you can search them.

The default text size is the smallest size. The fonts are a little big for me too, especially when reading email and such I wish there was a way to make it smaller, but I'm mostly used to it by now.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
+1, smaller keyboard would be nice too

+2 on smaller keyboard, at least height wise.

I do appreciate the design concepts for the large fonts. There are cases where it makes things quick and easy to see. However, I think the sizes could be toned down a little. It probably has to do with the screen size and resolution. On the Lumia 920 fonts don't need to be so huge.

Serge Simon

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Well i see 2 years have passed and nothing done. I am on my 1320 and was hoping to enjoy the big screen and more information... I feel very deceived...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)