No option for 4G in Highest Connection Speed?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 which is currently running on Vodafone UK. Now I know that Vodafone don't currently run a 4G network, but does the phone recognise this from the SIM card and therefore limit the options available in the "Highest Connection Speed" option in mobile network settings? I only get options for 2G and 3G - does a 4G option magically appear when a 4G SIM card is inserted, as I was expecting it to be there regardless?

Does anyone else have this?

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This means your handset isnt 4G-enabled, but merely 4G-ready. This will be fixed in an update, hopefully it goes global in february (thats when Nokia Norway has said non-Telenor customers will get their phones opened up to being 4G-enabled).

If your phone was 4G-enabled, it would let you see 4G even with a 3G simcard.

Did you get yours from Clove, perchance? I got mine there, and it was just like yours.

Patrick Flynn

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. I got my Lumia 920 before I got my EE 4G sim and had to use it with my original 3G card - I remember that 4G was definitely still set as the highest speed.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This means your handset isnt 4G-enabled, but merely 4G-ready. This will be fixed in an update, hopefully it goes global in february (thats when Nokia Norway has said non-Telenor customers will get their phones opened up to being 4G-enabled).

If your phone was 4G-enabled, it would let you see 4G even with a 3G simcard.

Did you get yours from Clove, perchance? I got mine there, and it was just like yours.

I did indeed get mine from Clove and yeah I was expecting that too. I'm a little bit peeved that they haven't bothered to implement 4G properly, maybe that's part of the ridiculous exclusivity deal EE have, either way it had better be available before the other networks offer it. I'd be incredibly annoyed now if I'd actually paid for 4G...

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
No, it says on the box that its 4g enabled, not 4g ready.

But dont fear, it should be unlocked with a SW update probably within two months time at most.

Personally I manage fine with 3g, so its not a HUGE concern for me :) .

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
probably not related but my Rogers Canada one doesn't show a 4G , it goes 3g to LTE. I've seen the 4G symbol flash around too.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
No, theyre different technologies. Differences in quality during movement, speeds, and so forth. AFAIK.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hehe I honestly dont care, HSDPA+ or whatever H+ is called is quite good enough for me on my cellphone, having true 4G isnt big for me, unless I want to use my device as a WiFi hotspot for my laptop or something like that. Even then, H+ does quite well :s .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo