I'm still unclear as to how this Rooms functionality and chatting in general works.
1. If I have someone in my contacts list, do I get to choose how to send them a message (text, Messenger, Facebook messenger)?
2. The Microsoft website said that if you add someone to a Room they become friends on your Messenger. How does that happen? How does the phone know they have Messenger?
3. If I have someone in my contacts list who happens to have Windows Live Messenger, then I guess I can add their email address in their contact profile? Once I do that can I choose to message them through WLM? I guess this would probably be the most efficient way to chat with BlackBerry users, since their WLM app is quite good.
4. Are there delivery and read receipts in general in the messaging app?
5. Apart from WLM, Facebook messenger, text and MMS, what other instant messaging options are there in the messaging app?
1. Yes, you can choose how to send them a message and switch mid conversation, it maintains it all in one thread with the contact
2. I'm not 100% how this works but I believe when they accept the rooms invitation on their Windows Phone it will use the messenger account associated with it, or it may match it to their messenger email address
3. I believe it syncs with your Messenger contact list (don't have live messenger so not sure)
4. No there are not, at least for FB or SMS (again no experience with messenger)
Surely you must have some friend who uses an iPhone. What have you found to be the most efficient way to chat with iPhone users apart from SMS? Or if you do use SMS then how do you send pictures and videos?
I tend to use SMS to chat with my friends with iPhones, both phones support MMS so I use that to send pictures and videos. Facebook chat integration works too for texts and I like how I can keep it in one thread