Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Is it possible (when the phone is connected via USB) to mount the phone's SD card as a drive letter?

Right now, I can only access the files on the phone and / or SD Card by going to Computer-->(Windows Phone Name)-->SD Card

Is this possible?

Sorry, don't think so, WP8 is actually using USB MTP protocol and not Mass Storage protocol so I don't think this can be done

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    yes. I ran into the same problem. I inserted by sd card from my android and it would not show up as an external drive in explore when connected. I reformatted the card to NTFS just to see but the phone notified it could not read it and suggested formatting the card from within the phone. So I did and reconnected it to explore and there it is along side the memory within the phone.

try it.

Global Posts
    1,660 Global Posts
    Hmm... I don't think so.

It's not possible to see it as a drive letter. The widely-circulated statement that WP8 supports USB mass storage is traceable back to a tech reviewer's blog post prior to WP8's release (I think it was engadget) and was pure speculation and assumption. In reality, the phone supports MTP which means it will show like you are seeing it.

-E