- 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM #1
Is it possible (when the phone is connected via USB) to mount the phone's SD card as a drive letter?
Right now, I can only access the files on the phone and / or SD Card by going to Computer-->(Windows Phone Name)-->SD Card
Is this possible?
- 12-21-2012, 02:45 PM #3
yes. I ran into the same problem. I inserted by sd card from my android and it would not show up as an external drive in explore when connected. I reformatted the card to NTFS just to see but the phone notified it could not read it and suggested formatting the card from within the phone. So I did and reconnected it to explore and there it is along side the memory within the phone.
12-22-2012, 10:58 AM #5
- 224 Posts
It's not possible to see it as a drive letter. The widely-circulated statement that WP8 supports USB mass storage is traceable back to a tech reviewer's blog post prior to WP8's release (I think it was engadget) and was pure speculation and assumption. In reality, the phone supports MTP which means it will show like you are seeing it.
- By Goliemoi in forum HTC 8SReplies: 46Last Post: 11-04-2013, 12:44 AM
- By Doug Miller1 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 45Last Post: 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM
- By brmiller1976 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 59Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:59 AM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 10-19-2012, 01:27 PM
- By Ferrit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-16-2010, 09:09 AM