- 12-12-2012, 03:04 AM #1
I have a Lumia 822 with a microSD card in it. I can sync my photos over using the Windows Phone app on my iMac. However, I want to transfer some documents and non-iTunes videos to the phone but it doesn't show up in Finder, and there doesn't seem to be a way to browse the device to transfer files TO the phone, only to transfer files FROM the phone.
Am I missing something obvious? How do we access the microSD card without having to take it out of the phone each and every time? My understanding was that on a PC, plugging the phone in would show the phone's internal storage and microSD card as separate devices in Windows Explorer. Why does that not happen in OS X?
12-12-2012, 03:19 AM #2
- 248 Posts
- 12-12-2012, 03:25 AM #3
- 12-12-2012, 03:44 AM #5
Windows Phone 8, much like Android 4, uses the Media Transfer Protocol. The major advantage of this over USB mass storage is that it doesn't require partitioning of storage and mounting of partitions when connecting to another device. While Windows has native support for MTP, OS X does not. Kindly ask your local Genius why :]
- 12-12-2012, 04:00 AM #6
1. Turn off the phone
2. Remove the battery cover
3. Take out the battery
4. Take out the microSD card (not that easy unless you have nails!)
5. Put card in SD card adapter
6. Put SD card adapter in computer
7. Transfer files
8. Take SD card adapter out of computer
9. Take microSD card out of adapter
10. Put microSD card back in
11. Put battery back in
12. Put cover back on
13. Turn on phone
It would be much nicer if I could do it in 3 steps instead of 13:
1. Plug phone in via USB
2. Transfer files
3. Unplug phone
- 12-12-2012, 04:02 AM #7
04-19-2016, 08:27 AM #13
- 1 Posts
Actually, you can do this.
I'm using Win10 on Lumia 540. and Osx 10.11.4
Do the following:
1. Connect your Lumia with Mac (Make sure "Windows Phone" app is installed on your mac).
2. Open Commander One Pro app (third party app alternative for Finder).
3. You can see your Lumia device there.
- By meathead88 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 8Last Post: 10-05-2015, 11:20 AM
- By brmiller1976 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:37 PM
- By richard_walters in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 09-28-2012, 12:16 AM
- By Snoops8 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 09-25-2012, 11:10 PM