Explain me the design language with Settings page please?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It hardly bothers me so much, but I am failing to understand why settings are listed the way they are. Does anyone know it from common sense, design point of view, developer point of view, Metro point of view, any point of view, why they are like this since WP7 was born?

Anyone find it particularly useful in their current format?

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
tell me about it.

its a list. i hate it. if i want to find the section for the screen brightness i am forced to scroll down a simple list to find it! what happens if i scroll too fast? then i have to scroll BACK up.

I wish I could instead go through extensive menus and options just to get where I want to.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's a settings page, just a barebones list like iOS, android, etc have. Not original, not innovative, but it works.

MNPSaint

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It also puts the last updated on the bottom I've noticed which doesn't make a lot of sense. It may start to get bothersome if the ones you use most get put down there.

MNPSaint

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You sure about that? Check again. Stays the same

I'll have to check on default images of the page from factory but every update that came out as of late ended up at the bottom. I can't recall which order the updates came but my bottom 4 are network+, feedback to Nokia, extras+info then display+touch. One of those was in the middle of the list by default when I got the phone originally. I think it might have been display+touch.

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It also puts the last updated on the bottom I've noticed which doesn't make a lot of sense. It may start to get bothersome if the ones you use most get put down there.
I can confirm that, the latest updated settings go to the bottom of the list.

We need some order in the settings page, i don't care if it's by alphabets or groups, i hate the way it is now.

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to check on default images of the page from factory but every update that came out as of late ended up at the bottom. I can't recall which order the updates came but my bottom 4 are network+, feedback to Nokia, extras+info then display+touch. One of those was in the middle of the list by default when I got the phone originally. I think it might have been display+touch.

Sorry. I was a bit dense. I was thinking that you meant whatever settings are updated(I was thinking last setting used) get sorted to the bottom of the list.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
+1 on that. Display+touch update is when I noticed it too. But thought I was just seeing things. The least that could help is alphabetically arranging them!

MNPSaint

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
+1 on that. Display+touch update is when I noticed it too. But thought I was just seeing things. The least that could help is alphabetically arranging them!

Agreed. Either that or keep them at the same position, something that'll allow for consistency so it's easier to locate everytime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2