Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before. Did a search but couldn't find the answer.

I have Outlook 2007 (not running Exchange) and use Tasks and the categories on these tasks quite a bit. It would be handy if I could get these to appear on the calendar on my 920, or better still to sync with an app if there is one (which I doubt). Mail and contacts sync fine over Live, but at the moment I cannot get the tasks to sync. Is it even possible?

Cheers,

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    I just started using Outlook 2013 today I saw that the task were getting synched to my phone and vicecersa. I can't confirm on earlier versions because I didn't use Outlook 2010 tasks before because they couldn't synch to WP7. I used an app called Tasks that works great and has great options.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I have an office 365 account for work. My tasks, and schedule sync up for both 2007, and 2010 versions of office and to my 920 too

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to get this working on 2007 though?

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    What email are you using with Outlook, what account are you using? I think you need to be using something that supports exchange for it to work. How did you add the account on your phone, as an Outlook account or something else?

Also, are you stuck with 2007 because of work or something? Its definitely worth getting the 2013 preview and then upgrading when its available.

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    The email accounts are for my website but it doesn't run on Exchange. However so the calendar syncs to my phone I had to add the Outlook Connector. I've noticed that under my live account mailbox the Tasks it says this computer only so I wonder if that is the problem. I can't figure out how to change it though.

Also I don't fancy paying for Outlook 2013 just to get the tasks and OneNote sync capabilities in all honesty when 2007 does the job. Although I am thinking of migrating to Office Online, or 365 whatever it is called now. If anyone can help setting this up though that would be great.

Cheers,

I talked to some support people at MS about this. They kept pointing me to Outlook Connector, but I never really got the seamless syncing I wanted, like Google had. I ended up buying Companionlink ($50), and it keeps Outlook (without exchange) and my Outlook.com in sync very nicely. Stuff done in Outlook or on my phone just magically syncs to the other platform. It is a quick and easy install on your desktop.

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I might check that out and also see how much 2013 will cost. What's the advantages of 2013 - can I drop the Live account for example to get the calender synchronisation?

I think the live/outlook.com is the best way to share outlook type information between your phone and desktop.

Global Posts
    2,821 Global Posts
    I have used companion link, but use Sync2 now and am very happy with it.

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Still have no idea why tasks aren't working. Even if I go onto Hotmail and add tasks there they don't sync to my Outlook.