So, are devs actually caring about wp8 now?

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wp7/nodo - an update every month. Wp7.5/mango - every three weeks, apps updating for mango, no new features coming. WP8.0 - Every few days two updates push out, and just not updates for wp8, seeing new features as well.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The devs won't care about WP8 as long as there is not a market there for them. Once WP builds up some market share, the devs will come. Of course, to build up market share you need apps. So it's a vicious cycle and to solve it MS will have to do the same thing they did with the Xbox - throw money at it.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Where the people go, the app developers will follow...

Like StevesBalls said, it's a vicious cycle. The users won't go to WP because there are no apps.. The Developers won't go to WP because there are no users.

Someone needs to take the first step...

Damnit. I said this already in another thread >_>

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
They didn't even get the SDK till about the same time the phones were launched, it will take awhile for apps.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the devs you're talking about, too. Are they cross-platform devs who update their apps on all platforms regularly? Are they iOS-focused devs who treat Android as a second fiddle and release a gimped WP app to "check the box?" Or are they WP-centric devs creating cool stuff on our platform, first?

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the fact that Windows 8 and WP8 share the same kernel help push app developments, especially once Windows 8 becomes more widely used?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I know some WP7 apps have really upped their game lately. Tripadvisor specifcially. Officially better than Yelp now because you can enter reviews from the phone.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After the stats of the app store came out a day or so ago of the huge amount of downloads as of late, everyone is going to start caring.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Last weeks WP8 recieved so many updates (Tripadvisor, Nokia Drive+, Creative Studio, MetroTube, Paypal, Podcatcher, TuneIn, Vimeo, Weather Flow to name a few) so i think yes devs are caring more about WP8 than they did on WP7(.5). I did not see many updates on my 710 last month, on my 920's Marketplace it has been hectic with updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon