- 12-13-2012, 08:17 AM #1
Wp7/nodo - an update every month. Wp7.5/mango - every three weeks, apps updating for mango, no new features coming. WP8.0 - Every few days two updates push out, and just not updates for wp8, seeing new features as well.
- 12-13-2012, 10:19 AM #2
The devs won't care about WP8 as long as there is not a market there for them. Once WP builds up some market share, the devs will come. Of course, to build up market share you need apps. So it's a vicious cycle and to solve it MS will have to do the same thing they did with the Xbox - throw money at it.
- 12-13-2012, 10:25 AM #3
Where the people go, the app developers will follow...
Like StevesBalls said, it's a vicious cycle. The users won't go to WP because there are no apps.. The Developers won't go to WP because there are no users.
Someone needs to take the first step...
Damnit. I said this already in another thread >_>
- 12-13-2012, 11:48 AM #6
Depends on the devs you're talking about, too. Are they cross-platform devs who update their apps on all platforms regularly? Are they iOS-focused devs who treat Android as a second fiddle and release a gimped WP app to "check the box?" Or are they WP-centric devs creating cool stuff on our platform, first?
- 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM #11
Last weeks WP8 recieved so many updates (Tripadvisor, Nokia Drive+, Creative Studio, MetroTube, Paypal, Podcatcher, TuneIn, Vimeo, Weather Flow to name a few) so i think yes devs are caring more about WP8 than they did on WP7(.5). I did not see many updates on my 710 last month, on my 920's Marketplace it has been hectic with updates.
- By aubreyq in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM
- By AKA Preluva in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 3Last Post: 08-16-2012, 10:22 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 12Last Post: 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
- By Ky772 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 03-28-2012, 12:38 PM
- By jmad328is in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 27Last Post: 11-22-2011, 08:54 AM