I know there are many, many problems with syncing media with WP8 (thanks again Redmond for destroying the enjoyment of my WP device with this "upgrade") most of which I know there are semi-serviceable workarounds for.
This one however I can't figure out how to correct. Has anyone run into this type of thing? Here's an image of one example - I've got about a dozen track, artist, album and genre entries that appear correctly in Zune, in WMP, in Windows Explorer (or whatever we call it in WP8 nowadays) but that turn into something like the image below when it gets to my phone. Because of the metadata disaster that is XBM, I've got all cloud and metadata options switched to off. So I'm stumped...
I have the exact same thing with one of the artists in my library. I've checked the tag extensively and it shows up fine in everything else except on my phone, and it bugs the heck out of me. There are a couple other songs that have incorrect genres as well, despite the tags on the song itself being correct. I hope it gets fixed soon.
As of now(I've done constant research for 2 days now), ms has failed to understand that the PC Zune app is the best way to go. They need to just rebrand Zune and get my phone to sync with my brand new 920.
Settings-applications-music n video. Turn off connect to xbox music.
Only annoyance is you need to clear then reset your music collection.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express
After Xbox Music completely destroyed my metadata the first time, I shut those off. I've long since reset the phone, fixed the metadata on my PC, etc. That's why I'm confused about what's happening when I see this. It also doesn't happen to the same songs each time - there is one tune that it messes up every single time but the rest are OK after some syncs and not after others. If i were connected to any Xbox cloud services, I'd chalk it up to another XBM 'enhancement'. But since I'm not, I'm at a loss as to what is changing the text.