Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone having problems with YouTube access through the regular YouTube app? When I try watching a vid through m.youtube.com it tells mr I need an app to view.

I can still view through other YouTube apps, but I'm wondering why the regular mobile site is no longer working for me. It was working before.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    They just revamped Youtube, and it wouldn't surprise me if they twisted the knife a bit by breaking it on WP.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I just tried the mobile version of YouTube and it still seems to be working fine.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I watch vids through m.youtube.com all the time. Heck, I honestly don't know what YT app I downloaded as I never use it.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Weird. Still not working for me.

I've never even bothered with the Youtube app, just went straight to Metrotube

Nobody else? I've clicked vids from forums that tell me I can't view it on my phone.

I still go to m.youtube.com and can't view vids.

Sure, I can use MetroTube, but that doesn't really help if I'm following a hyperlink from a web page or trying to watch an embedded video.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Have you tried a power-cycle on your phone?

Is it exhibiting this behavior on WiFi, HSPA, EV-DO, LTE, all of the above?

Yup. Did a soft reset today.

Happens on WiFi and 3G. Wasn't happening a week ago.

I made sure to check bids without ads. No dice. It tells me that I need an app to view a video and asks if I would like to install one. If I press "YES" it searches that marketplace and says "No apps found."

Okay. I found a way to get it to work, but it's not ideal. I have to set my IE to browse as "Mobile Version".

I had the same issue yesterday. Today i switched IE to browse as "Mobile Version", then switched back to "Desktop version" and the videos play just fine.

Correction: It plays videos if i go to m.youtube.com from regular IE. If i go through Youtube app, it still tells me i need an app to watch the video. Which is very strange, as all the Youtube app does is it opens IE on m.youtube.com page

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I wonder if Google's screwing up auto-recognition? Sometimes it serves up the desktop page to my phone.

Been reading the review on YouTube app (which is just a link to mobile site anyways). LOTS of people saying it was working fine a few days ago and now doesn't work for them.

Looks to me like Google did something to mess it up for WP users. Make it as inconvenient as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by VonKugel View Post
    I had the same issue yesterday. Today i switched IE to browse as "Mobile Version", then switched back to "Desktop version" and the videos play just fine.

Correction: It plays videos if i go to m.youtube.com from regular IE. If i go through Youtube app, it still tells me i need an app to watch the video. Which is very strange, as all the Youtube app does is it opens IE on m.youtube.com page
    I get same result. After switching to mobile version, I could return to desktop version and it's okay as long as I don't use the YouTube app.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Ohhhh, those Mountain View villains!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yeah, youtube "app" is not working on my phone either. And even though most would consider this heresy, I do prefer using the app rather than Metrotube.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Hey guys:

I found out the culprit regarding the youtube app not working on my Lumia 920. I had my website preference set to "desktop version" in Internet Explorer. Changing it back to "mobile version" fixed the problem.

I haven't been able to watch YouTube linked videos on forums when in Board Express Pro since I got this phone 2.5 weeks ago. Would this be a similar issue? If I go to said forums using IE the YouTube videos can be seen imbedded and open just fine, well most, unless they have age restrictions. Board Express Pro says I need to download an app, and when I click the link no apps are found. I need my YTB.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem but have had some success using the desktop version of IE on my 920.
    And MetroTube doesn't seem to be working anymore. Must be that limited trial they were talking about.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Google is fuc*Ing sh't up, they changed their coding so third party apps would stop,working, another small strike in their war on Microsoft. But lazyworm apps crew said they've pinpointed the problem, so I expect an update fix shortly

http://wmpoweruser.com/now-google-br...y-youtube-apps
    Just check all OK here, trophy 7.5 Verizon

Global Posts
    1,393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    Okay. I found a way to get it to work, but it's not ideal. I have to set my IE to browse as "Mobile Version".
    yep, this works for me too

My l920 has the same problem.. What a pain in the ***

Metrotube is working on a fix as well, Google changed stuff on the back end.... they seem to be becoming more and more like apple

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    this is the advantage of just using the YouTube "app" from Microsoft....it just goes to the HTML5 mobile site and if that isn't working then the problem lies solely on Google.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast