Problem with YouTube

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having problems with YouTube access through the regular YouTube app? When I try watching a vid through m.youtube.com it tells mr I need an app to view.

I can still view through other YouTube apps, but I'm wondering why the regular mobile site is no longer working for me. It was working before.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I watch vids through m.youtube.com all the time. Heck, I honestly don't know what YT app I downloaded as I never use it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nobody else? I've clicked vids from forums that tell me I can't view it on my phone.

I still go to m.youtube.com and can't view vids.

Sure, I can use MetroTube, but that doesn't really help if I'm following a hyperlink from a web page or trying to watch an embedded video.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Did a soft reset today.

Happens on WiFi and 3G. Wasn't happening a week ago.

I made sure to check bids without ads. No dice. It tells me that I need an app to view a video and asks if I would like to install one. If I press "YES" it searches that marketplace and says "No apps found."

VonKugel

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue yesterday. Today i switched IE to browse as "Mobile Version", then switched back to "Desktop version" and the videos play just fine.

Correction: It plays videos if i go to m.youtube.com from regular IE. If i go through Youtube app, it still tells me i need an app to watch the video. Which is very strange, as all the Youtube app does is it opens IE on m.youtube.com page :eck:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Been reading the review on YouTube app (which is just a link to mobile site anyways). LOTS of people saying it was working fine a few days ago and now doesn't work for them.

Looks to me like Google did something to mess it up for WP users. Make it as inconvenient as possible.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue yesterday. Today i switched IE to browse as "Mobile Version", then switched back to "Desktop version" and the videos play just fine.

Correction: It plays videos if i go to m.youtube.com from regular IE. If i go through Youtube app, it still tells me i need an app to watch the video. Which is very strange, as all the Youtube app does is it opens IE on m.youtube.com page :eck:

I get same result. After switching to mobile version, I could return to desktop version and it's okay as long as I don't use the YouTube app.

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys:

I found out the culprit regarding the youtube app not working on my Lumia 920. I had my website preference set to "desktop version" in Internet Explorer. Changing it back to "mobile version" fixed the problem.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to watch YouTube linked videos on forums when in Board Express Pro since I got this phone 2.5 weeks ago. Would this be a similar issue? If I go to said forums using IE the YouTube videos can be seen imbedded and open just fine, well most, unless they have age restrictions. Board Express Pro says I need to download an app, and when I click the link no apps are found. I need my YTB.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem but have had some success using the desktop version of IE on my 920.
And MetroTube doesn't seem to be working anymore. Must be that limited trial they were talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire