- 12-14-2012, 03:55 AM #1
So my biggest problem with the windows phone is nokia maps. I always liked Google Maps more.
Why doesn't Nokia Maps have firstly detailed enough on public transportation? Why doesn't it have info about restaurants? For example in Google Maps you can click on a given place (labelled) and it gives you the phone number, description, and some reviews.
- 12-14-2012, 04:46 AM #2
Because Nokia Maps are not as well known as googles.
Those labels showing places are added by local owners, if noone heard about nokia maps then noone added their buisness there. You have however lens which show a lot of places on the map.
- 12-14-2012, 08:58 AM #3
See what I don't understand is how is Nokia Drive and Nokia Maps not better than google nav and maps. Before Nokia Drive and Maps it was with Ovi Maps and Nokia devices such as the N95 had built in maps and nav, way before the "smartphone era".
12-14-2012, 11:12 PM #10
- 201 Posts
On my L920 maps are showing up upside down, north is south, and east is on the left. The state of Massachusetts is literally azz backwards. And my location is off by a mile.
Also, 'fastest time' for 90% of routes I tried programming were minutes slower than shorter and efficient routes.
This shouldn't even be available as Beta yet.
- 12-15-2012, 02:46 AM #12
and how long will it take to fill that database to the level of google? Maybe years? Though it's not very hard to have the bus icons display the bus schedules like in google maps.
I like Window 8 Phone....the only thing is the maps. If Google can make a maps app for windows phone, then it will be perfect.
- By Nemesis-X in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 3Last Post: 06-23-2012, 11:45 AM
- By ggabriele3 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 10Last Post: 04-27-2012, 11:22 PM
- By rjansen3 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 04-21-2012, 11:52 PM
- By mkr10001 in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 17Last Post: 12-24-2011, 03:38 PM
- By velvetelvis in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 5Last Post: 10-25-2011, 01:03 PM