12-14-2012, 12:48 PM #1
- 4 Posts
I just got a 920, and am pulling my hair out trying to get my contacts from my old Tilt 2 (HTC WM6 with energy ROM) transferred. I have all of the contacts on my desktop (I use it to sync with the Tilt2 using activesync.
Nokia says to do it through live.com, but logging into live.com with the Tilt2 I don't see how to transfer my contacts. Looks like there are even special apps to do the transfer for you if you are coming from an Android or iPhone.
Actually, being an old fuddy-duddy, I'd just as soon not transfer all of my contacts up to a cloud somewhere & hope nobody else might get their hands on them.
What are my options for transferring my contacts?
- 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM #2
Since you mentioned you sync directly with ActiveSync, I must assume your contacts are on a Outlook client on your computer then? You should be able to export them to a file then import them into your Live account. I know you said you were unsure about the cloud, but I wouldn't worry about it. :)
- 12-14-2012, 01:02 PM #3
The live or hotmail email address you use should save the contacts. So when you first boot up your 920 you log in on your main live/hotmail email and it will automatically download all the contacts from that live/hotmail account into your people hub.
- By vingengo in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 05-23-2014, 05:07 AM
- By andrelamont in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 35Last Post: 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM
- By bear_lx in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 147Last Post: 09-04-2012, 02:09 PM
- By thelastfoiter in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 05-12-2012, 01:44 PM
- By Reflexx in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 20Last Post: 01-21-2012, 12:44 PM