Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Funny how you are boycotting Google because they won't support windows phone, when deep down inside you want them to support the platform. If they suck so much why didn't you do this earlier?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dba415 View Post
    Funny how you are boycotting Google because they won't support windows phone, when deep down inside you want them to support the platform. If they suck so much why didn't you do this earlier?
    dude. Give him respect for god sakes man. Stop being so bossy and man......how is it funny?
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    Banned

So how can you get youtube subscriptions now?

Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts
    Guys. Lets not make fun of man. Ok what are you people? For god sakes
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    And check out how Chrome spies on you... it uses many of the same tactics as the Carrier IQ software of 2011.

I cherish my privacy.
    This is scary man !
    Thanks for sharing !
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��

My distaste for Google is growing more each day. Outside of YouTube and Chrome I want nothing to do with Google and their services.
    Oliver Newell likes this.

Chrome I don't need. I use MS explorer as my primary and Firefox as my secondary browsser. My gmail accounts are now all deleted (to be honest, there is no reason for me to keep them, I never had calendars or emails on them). Regarding youtube ...I still have an old account. Which is connected to one of my good old yahoo accounts. Yay.

I don't know when exactly that happened, but google is starting to make me feel more uneasy than Apple. And that means something.
    Happy WP user :P
    Oliver Newell likes this.
    I wonder how the world would react if Windows blocked access or stopped supporting connections to Google's services

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    You are juz a moronic loser who love to support & cheer the winner of the day juz to make yourself feel good & superior.
    I have seen cowards like you, go back to your cage & stop being anal here.
    Wow...
    Just, wow...
    I actually am trying to weeen myself from gmail to outlook completely....Not because of the Google drama wiwth microsoft but simply because gmail sucks on wp8 compared to android(rightfully so of course)

I have moved to yahoo temporarily simply because yahoo seems to work decently...and outlook for the most part.

I am also about to ween myself off chrome and try to start using IE more exclusively on Windows 8

but the biggest change is google.com vs bing.com....i am so used to typing google in that it is hard to remember and wire myself to go to bing first lol
    wpn00b likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Not hard to spot the google fans in this thread. Though one in particular can be found in many threads doing the same.
    fifthGear likes this.

I did the exact same thing after I picked up my HTC 8X. Migrated everything to Outlook.com, deleted my gmail account, and haven't looked back. Simplicity is a wonderful thing...

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Google is being disingenuous with its supoprt of "open protocols" when it sits idly by and lets the "webkityfing" of the mobile web occur instead of pushing and promoting web standard prefixes like Microsoft. Plus they are killing SyncML which was LONG a viable and open protocol.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Google apologists are funny. The cold, hard facts stare 'em in the face, and they're all like "hey, you don't need privacy anyway!" and "how funny, you're so paranoid!" and "you're just jealous that Google's spyware isn't made for your OS!"
    a5cent likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I think we Microsoft users could start a revolution for privacy. We might not be the biggest in mobile, but 10 years ago, Apple was a bit player in tech and look at 'em now. The fact that Google and its fans expend so much energy attacking Microsoft tells me that our merry little band isn't as insignificant as they keep robotically repeating.
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I think we Microsoft users could start a revolution for privacy. We might not be the biggest in mobile, but 10 years ago, Apple was a bit player in tech and look at 'em now. The fact that Google and its fans expend so much energy attacking Microsoft tells me that our merry little band isn't as insignificant as they keep robotically repeating.
    +1

Wish there were a competitive alternative to Google Reader. As in, multiple apps allowing sign-in and a place to keep track of all your RSS feeds. Instead of manually entring them all in every time you switch apps.
    a5cent likes this.
    I have nothing to do with Google at all, don't even use their search engine, reluctantly use youtube as well, most of the videos are utter bull**** anyway. What really tipped it for me was android, now the last time I used android admittedly was 2010, I know, doesn't seam that long ago but as we all know in the phone industry world that is like a lifetime. Android OS was for me so very unreliable, force close this, poor quality apps, it was just awful. I hated it and still do. When I tried windows phone 7 in the LG Optimus 7 I just blew me at how easy, reliable and clean it was. It's functional and elegant and that speaks for virtually all of Microsofts latest stuff, the Surface, Windows 8 and so on. They really are once again on the rise, slowly.
    12Danny123 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    Wish there were a competitive alternative to Google Reader. As in, multiple apps allowing sign-in and a place to keep track of all your RSS feeds. Instead of manually entring them all in every time you switch apps.
    Have you tried Zite? It's pretty close. Not an RSS feed, but a "targeted news feed." Just create an account, point it to your Twitter stream (if you have one) to get additional clues about what interests you, and BAM -- the same great selection of highly relevant news across multiple devices.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    OMG, this just keeps getting funnier and funnier. I am more convinced than ever that this is Google's version of Apple Maps.

Google's implementation of IMAP and CalDAV doesn't support push -- if you want push e-mail and notifications on their "new open standard interface," you have to install and run Google's proprietary apps for Gmail on your iPhone or Android, which include spyware and user tracking components.

Google Sync, Discontinued for Gmail Accounts

those who use iPhones, Windows Phones and other mobile devices will have to rely on IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV. Sure, they are standard protocols, Google doesn't have to pay licensing fees, but Google's implementation doesn't support push. If Apple's iCloud, Yahoo Mail and AOL Mail have push support, why can't Google add it? The Gmail app for iOS has push notifications, but some people might like to use the standard mail client.
    Who the heck is going to want mobile e-mail and calendar services that lack push? This isn't 2002.

Global Posts
    32,937 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    OMG, this just keeps getting funnier and funnier. I am more convinced than ever that this is Google's version of Apple Maps.

Google's implementation of IMAP and CalDAV doesn't support push -- if you want push e-mail and notifications on their "new open standard interface," you have to install and run Google's proprietary apps for Gmail on your iPhone or Android, which include spyware and user tracking components.

Google Sync, Discontinued for Gmail Accounts

Who the heck is going to want mobile e-mail and calendar services that lack push? This isn't 2002.
    It really doesn't affect Android users. A Google account is required to use an Android device anyway.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Sure, the Android guys get push services, because the spyware is built into the OS itself.

For the rest of the world not living in Android, the e-mail experience on Gmail is now the worst in the industry.

Global Posts
    32,937 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Sure, the Android guys get push services, because the spyware is built into the OS itself.

For the rest of the world not living in Android, the e-mail experience on Gmail is now the worst in the industry.
    The other issue with outlook.com/hotmail.com is lack of IMAP support for Apple Mail users in OS X. Nobody really wants POP3 nowadays, and most Mac users will opt for free Apple Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird, rather than extremely pricey Office for Mac.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The Mac is fewer than 2% of global PC users... not really a factor to worry about.

More Windows Phones will sell this quarter than Macs.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast